This Broccoli Tomato Salad with Pork Tenderloin is easy enough to make for a weeknight dinner yet elegant enough to serve to guests!
Ever feel like you are in a cooking rut? Me too! We love grilling during the nice weather, but I have to be honest, we usually end up grilling chicken, hamburgers or hot dogs. And as an after thought, I toss together a quick salad and call it dinner.
I am a big fan of the Food Network show – Chopped, and I bet you are too! It’s always fun to see what the contestants have in their basket and what they create from those ingredients.
Recently I was given a virtual basket of ingredients – Pork Tenderloin, Broccoli, Grape Tomatoes and Sargento Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar Cheese.
Well, considering I typically grill the same dinner over and over, I had to put my thinking cap on for this Chopped at Home Challenge. The Pork Tenderloin part was pretty easy, it’s super easy to grill and really goes with most any type of salad. But how should I incorporate the broccoli and tomatoes with the cheese?
The result – Broccoli and Tomato Salad with Pork Tenderloin.
I put together the salad while Doug was grilling the pork tenderloin and the whole meal came together in about 20 minutes.
The Sargento Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar Cheese is a combination of Sharp Wisconsin Cheddar, Sharp Vermont Cheddar, Sharp New York Cheddar and Mild California Cheddar cheeses that creates a full range of delicious flavors. The cheese really pulled together the whole dish.
Submit your recipe to FoodNetwork.com/ChoppedChallenge for the chance to win $5,000 and a trip to New York City to compete in a televised Chopped cooking challenge for a $10,000 grand prize. Phase 3 of the Challenge ends 8/1/16 at 9am and voting runs 8/1/16 at 9am – 8/22/16 at 5pm.
- 1 (1.15 lbs) Pork Tenderloin
- 4 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 (16 oz) container cherry or grape tomatoes - I used heritage tomatoes for a variety of colors
- 1/4 cup seeds - sunflower or pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Sargento Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Dressing - Vinaigrette or your favorite
- Grill pork tenderloin according to directions on package. Internal temperature should be 140 degrees.
- Meanwhile, cut broccoli and add to saucepan with boiling water
- Boil for 5 minutes, remove, drain and immediately add to a bowl of ice water, stir for 1-2 minutes to cool broccoli, drain and pour into large bowl
- Cut tomatoes and add to bowl, stir gently
- Add seeds and cheese, stir
- Add salad to serving platter
- When tenderloin is done, remove from grill, wrap in foil and let set for 5 minutes
- Thinly slice tenderloin and place on salad
- Serve with dressing and additional cheese and seeds
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.