This no bake pie is perfect for all your Summer parties, potlucks and cookouts, but easy enough for a weeknight treat! Banana Split Pie – layers of Bananas, Pineapple, Strawberries, Pudding and Pecans, then topped with whip cream, maraschino cherries, chocolate sauce and more pecans. Yum!
There’s something about the recipes you find in old church cookbooks that are simply extra special. This Banana Split Pie Recipe comes from a church cookbook that my Mother-in-Law gave me in the late 1990’s, it’s a cookbook that I treasure not only because of the amazing recipes, but also because it was from Marge. While Doug and I were choosing the recipes we would share with you, we came across this one from Clella Camp, and immediately Doug said anything she shared was delicious. And he was right!
This no bake pie can be made ahead, like many No Bake Desserts, but you don’t want to assemble it too far in advance because the pudding and fruit does soak into the chocolate graham cracker crust.
This Banana Split Pie begins with a chocolate graham cracker crust. You can either make your own, or buy one at the store. I used a store bought one this time around. And I did like the chocolate crust instead of regular graham cracker crust.
Then layers of diced bananas with a layer of well drained crushed pineapple. Combine the pudding and milk and pour over the banana and pineapple layer. Into the refrigerator it goes to set up, about 30 minutes.
Up next comes a layer of sliced strawberries and chopped Fisher Pecans. After this step, you can put it back into the refrigerator to set for a few hours, I would definitely put this pie together the same day you are planning to serve it. The pie is fine to set for a few hours in the refrigerator, but you don’t want the crust to get soggy.
To finish off the Banana Split Pie, top with whipped topping or whipping cream. For the “pillows” that the pecans and cherries are setting, I added Cool Whip to a decorator bag fitted with a jumbo star tip and swirled on the whipped topping. In the center I added more sliced strawberries and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.Print
Layers of Bananas, Pineapple, Strawberries, Pudding and Pecans, then topped with whip cream, maraschino cherries, chocolate sauce and more pecans.
- 1 Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup diced bananas (1 medium)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drain WELL
- 1 cup Fisher Pecans, chopped
- 1 small box (4 oz) vanilla pudding, instant
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sliced strawberries, plus a few for garnish
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip Whipped Topping or whipping cream
- Chocolate Sauce for drizzle
- Maraschino Cherries, drained and rinsed, then patted dry
- Place diced bananas on bottom of pie crust
- Sprinkle with very well drained pineapple
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding and milk, pour over pineapple
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Place sliced strawberries over pudding, and sprinkle with most of the nuts
- Spread most of the container of whipped topping on top, reserving some for garnish
- Place remaining whipped topping into a decorator bag and pipe on pillows for garnish, if desired
- Sprinkle with Pecans, add more strawberries, a drizzle of chocolate sauce and cherries