Welcome to Day 7 of our Thanksgiving Countdown! So far we have planned our menu, gathered our supplies, decorated, learned how to set up our buffet, set our table and made a centerpiece. Today we are chatting about Pies. Thanksgiving just wouldn’t be the same without pie, wouldn’t you agree? It’s kind of like Christmas and Cookies, the two just go together.
I have to admit though, I’m not the best pie baker in the world, not even close. I think it’s all a matter of practice though, just like cupcakes, the more you bake them, the better you get. So when I’m baking a pie, I love to keep it simple, quick, easy and of course delicious.
This Amaretto Peach Pie only has 6 ingredients including Lucky Leaf Pie Filling, drizzled with Amaretto, sprinkled with sugar cookie mix, almonds and dotted with butter, it doesn’t get any easier than this!
When I spotted the Amaretto Peach Cobbler recipe on Lucky Leaf site, I knew it would be a winner! Why? Well…because I love Amaretto! I don’t drink often, in fact probably once every six months or less, but when I do have a drink, my choice is Amaretto Stone Sour. The tang from orange juice blended with the richness of the Amaretto is heavenly!
Even though I enjoy making pie crust from scratch, using a store bought crust works perfectly fine. And like I said, I like to keep it easy, especially when you have several other dishes to prepare for Thanksgiving.
Let’s gather our ingredients…
Since 1949 Lucky Leaf has stayed true to its mission of providing simple, delicious dessert products for families across the United States by constantly improving their products to meet the changing needs of their customers. At first, Lucky Leaf was solely dedicated to fresh applesauce. But as the American woman became too busy to make her delicious homemade pies from scratch, they took care of the hard part and started making ready-to-use apple pie filling. In no time, Lucky Leaf Ready-To-Use Apple Pie Filling hit the shelves and those delicious apple pies were back on windowsills across America.
This pie was an absolute hit! The Amaretto added to the peach filling gives it extra richness, and the little crunch from the pie crust, cookie mix and almonds on top pulls it all together.
As I mentioned earlier, I’m not the most spectacular pie baker…I’m also not the best pie server. But as my Dad used to say…it doesn’t really matter what it looks like, it’s how it tastes…and I guarantee you will LOVE this Amaretto Peach Pie!
Oh and don’t forget the Whipping Cream…either fresh or Cool Whip, mix in a sprinkle of cinnamon and you are in business!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust or homemade
- 2 cans (21 oz) Lucky Leaf Peach Pie Filling
- ¼ - ½ cup Amaretto
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz) sugar cookie mix - you will need about ½ of the pouch
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add foil to a rimmed cookie sheet
- Roll out pie crust and place in pie plate, crimp the edges and poke the bottom with a fork
- Add Lucky Leaf pie filling
- Drizzle with Amaretto - the amount you use will depend on how deep your pie dish is, be careful it's not too full or when you add the cookie mix is will over flow
- Sprinkle with cookie mix, almonds and dot with butter
- Place pie on cookie sheet
- Wrap the edges with foil to prevent browning
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour, remove foil from edges and continue to bake until pie is firm in the middle and bubbling, about 20 minutes
Serve with whipping cream, either fresh or Cool Whip, whatever you like, and add a sprinkle of cinnamon mixed in...delish!
Disclosure: I was provided products to review and bake with. As always, the opinions and photos are my own.
Miss a day? No worries…I created a page with each day for you…
Linking to…Gooseberry Patch