Enjoy this refreshing Strawberry Lemonade without the sugar! Made with fresh strawberries and lemons, it’s the perfect Summertime drink!
There are few things I enjoy more than sitting on the porch during Summer. Once the weather turns warm, you can find me eating breakfast, lunch, dinner and usually an afternoon snack out there. And if I have a nice refreshing glass with Strawberry Lemonade – well that’s just heaven!
Now of course, you could buy a drink mix, but making your own from scratch is super easy and really, the taste can’t be matched.
This recipe has 3 steps, but they are all really easy and can be made ahead too.
The first step is to cook down the strawberries a bit, similar to Berry Syrup in the Berry Ice Cream Floats, just not cooked quite as much, you want them more firm than the syrup. First clean and cut the berries into quarters and add them to a saucepan. Then sprinkle with a very small amount of Truvia Natural Spoonable Sweetener, about 1 teaspoon depending on the amount of strawberries you have. I used 10 good size berries.
Next you will want to prepare the simple syrup and squeeze the lemons. I followed the same recipe I used for the Hard Raspberry Lemonade – 1 cup warm water and 7 tablespoons Truvia.
After the simple syrup cools down, add the juice of 6-7 lemons (depending on their size), and the simple syrup to a 8 cup measuring cup (or large pitcher). Then fill with water. Stir until all the ingredients are well blended.
To make each drink, add 2 heaping tablespoons of cooked strawberries to the bottom of the glass, fill with ice and pour in lemonade. Serve with a slice of lemon if you like.
You may also like –
Enjoy this refreshing Strawberry Lemonade without the sugar! Make with fresh strawberries and lemons, it's the perfect Summertime drink!
15 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup warm water
- 7 tablespoons Truvia
- 10-12 strawberries depending on the size
- 1 -2 teaspoons Truvia
- Splash of water
- 6-7 fresh lemons, squeezed
- In a small saucepan, combine warm water and Truvia
- Whisk to combine
- Bring to gentle boil, remove from heat, cool
- Place clean and cut strawberries in small saucepan
- Sprinkle with Truvia
- Add splash of water (about 1-2 tablespoons)
- Cook over medium-low heat stirring frequently until berries begin to breakdown and look soft. About 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and mash gently
- Squeeze lemons and add juice to 8 measuring cup or large pitcher
- Add chilled simple syrup
- Fill with water
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons of strawberries to bottom of glass
- Fill with ice
- Top off lemonade mixture
- Serve immediately
- Store leftovers in refrigerator
Follow Truvia on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and You Tube