These Peanut Butter Swirl Bars are a HUGE hit at our house. I originally found the recipe in an Amish Cook’s newspaper column, the same place I found the Chocolate Zucchini Cake that we also love.
Bar cookies are some of my favorite not only because they are much quicker than scooping cookies, but a lot of the time that seem to be more moist.
A perfect treat for the kids. Recipe from HoosierHomemade.com
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter (crunchy or plain)
- 1/3 cup Butter (I used Butter Flavor Crisco)
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 6 oz (about 1 cup or so) Chocolate Chips (I use Milk Chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 13x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream together butter, both sugars and peanut butter.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Spread in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips on top.
- Place in oven for 5 minutes, remove and swirl chips into peanut butter mixture with a knife. Return to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes longer.
- Cool and cut into bars.
Are you a bar cookie lover? Which kind are your favorites?
Linking to…Gooseberry Patch