Are you still baking? Or is it all done already? I haven’t started our “family” treats yet, planning that for Saturday if all goes well. My plan was to make candy canes using the Homemade Candy Corn recipe, but…well…time got away from me. Then I spotted these delicious Meringue Candy Canes in the Taste of Home Best Loved Cookies Book and I couldn’t pass them up.
Meringue is very easy to make and I love the little puff that explodes in your mouth when you eat them. These Meringue Candy Canes would be a perfect addition to your Christmas Dessert Buffet or trays for neighbors or friends.
My very favorite pie is Chocolate Meringue, so anytime I have the chance to make meringue I jump at the chance. I will share the recipe at the bottom, but first let’s chat about other Christmas Dessert.
You all know I love to bake and had such fun creating the Christmas Cupcakes this year. Here are a few more yummy Christmas Dessert ideas for you…
- These easy and oh so delicious Black Forest Whoopie Pies are a MUST have!
- Homemade Marshmallows were on my to-try list forever, I was so surprised when I made them last year and figured out how easy they were. And YES, I made them without a stand mixer!
- This Holiday Candy Cane Pie is a perfect make-ahead dessert and with just a few ingredients is budget friendly as well.
- I made these Raspberry Meringue Drops for Valentine’s Day but I think they are perfect for Christmas also.
- No time to make a regular pie? Try these Berry Hand Pies…they are always a hit!
- Need some tips on How to Make Meringue? Learn from this Meringue Pie Video.
So tell me…what are you baking for Christmas?