The birds are singing, the flowers are peaking their heads out of the cold soil, and it’s time to start baking Spring Desserts! With Easter right around the corner, it’s time to get those lists made of dessert you want to share with your family and friends! One of the top desserts should be this Lemon Blueberry Angel Food Cake in a Jar!
Serving dessert in a jar is not only fun but it’s really quick and easy too! The flavor options are endless as well!
Let’s start with the Angel Food Cake, while I have a wonderful recipe passed on from a favorite Aunt for a homemade Angel Food Cake, this time I used a box mix. They are super easy and only need water added. You can bake Angel Food Cake in a variety of pans, the best though is a round tube pan made especially for Angel Food Cakes. You could also go the super easy route and pick one up at the bakery.
Then I added a layer of Jell-O vanilla pudding, just a box of instant is fine. A layer of fresh blueberries were added and then a thick layer of Comstock Lemon Creme Pie Filling.
And to finish them off, Reddi-Wip and a few more fresh blueberries. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
The jars, along with all the ingredients are from Walmart. I used half-pint size jars found in the canning area. If you are giving them as a gift, leave some room at the top, like I did, to add the lid. Tie with a pretty ribbon and add a spoon.
Planning your Easter get-together or getting ready to fill Easter baskets? Walmart has you covered!
- 1 Duncan Hines Angel Food Cake plus water according to directions on the box
- 1 can Comstock Lemon Creme Pie Filling
- 1 small box instant Jell-O vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can Reddi-Wip
- Fresh Blueberries
- Bake and cool Angel Food Cake following the directions on the box
- While the cake is baking, mix the pudding and milk and place in fridge to set
- After the cake is cooled, cut into bite size pieces and add about 6-8 pieces to each jar
- Add pudding to a decorator bag or resealable bag
- Add pie filling to another bag
- Pipe pudding on top of cake, add blueberries and then pie filling
- Top with Reddi-Wip and fresh blueberries
Linking to…Gooseberry Patch