One of our favorite snacks is popcorn! Whether we are enjoying it during a movie or game night, or even as an afternoon snack. Whipping up a batch of Homemade Caramel Corn is an extra special treat!
We love plain Homemade Caramel Corn, but tossing extra ingredients, makes it even more special. For this batch, we added chocolate chips…semi-sweet and white to represent a Black Tie Event for Oscar Night. The original recipe is from Connie at Smockity Frocks.
You could also add candy like our Christmas Candy Crunch, really the sky is the limit with additional ingredients.
Looking for more recipes to serve for your Oscar Night Party? We have 36 delicious ones to choose from!
Homemade Caramel Corn
Easy and delicious recipe for Caramel Corn. Recipe from HoosierHomemade.com
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 8 cups popped popcorn, about 1 cup of kernels
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix ins: Chocolate Chips, Mini Peanut Butter Cups, M&M’s, Candy Corn, etc.
- Cook popcorn on stove or in popcorn maker
- Pour into bowl and set aside
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt
- Cook until butter is melted
- Continue cooking for 3 minutes without stirring
- Add baking soda and vanilla, stir to combine
- Pour over popped corn and stir well
- Spread evenly onto cookie sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes at 300 degrees
- Cool completely
- Stir in chocolate chips or other candy if desired
Recipe adapted from Smockity Frocks
Linking to…Ingredient Spotlight