It’s very early in the morning, I glance out my office window to see a beautiful Cardinal Red Bird at the Bird Feeder. Creating a one of a kind Bird Feeder with items from around the house and repurposing them, is a way to add your own style to your landscaping. By adding flowers along with the bird seed, you also attract a variety of birds that will give you enjoyment all Summer long.
Scouring my home for items that I can transform and create a fun new project, is one of my favorite things to do. Sometimes you just need to look at an item in a different way, like when I was searching for a saucer to fit in the top of the feeder, after trying a few other items, I spotted an old canning pot tucked away in the basement…bingo! the lid, flipped upside down, worked perfectly.
Repurposed Bird Feeder Supplies:
- Bird Bath Base
- Wire hanging basket
- Coconut basket liner
- Potting Soil
- Lid from a canning pot or other saucer that fits in your basket
- Bird Seed
How to make the Bird Feeder
- Remove any chains or hangers from wire basket
- Place basket on top of bird bath base
- Add coconut liner, you may need to cut the liner with scissors depending on the size of liner and basket
- Fill liner with potting soil
- Make a hole in the liner and plant flowers
- Add lid or saucer to the top
- Fill with bird seed
Find more DIY projects, decorating and recipes in the Splendidly Homemade Summer Edition!
Linking to…Show & Tell Friday