Fourth of July Mantle
I’m kicking off this VERY special week I have planned for you, with my Fourth of July Mantle! You all know how I LOVE the holidays, and Fourth of July is one of favorites, maybe even second to Christmas!
I’ve created another fun collage to show you just how easy it is to decorate your Mantle or shelf for Fourth of July.
- I started with a piece of fabric with flags on it
- I made the garland from scrapbook paper, and assembled it just like I did the St. Patrick’s Day Garland and Valentine’s Garland
- On one end I added a wooden flag
- And on the other end, I added a fun red, white and blue birdhouse
- In the garage, I found a VERY old Colonial Flag Banner, with 13 stars representing the colonies. I draped it over the wooden flag and birdhouse.
- Next came my Great-Grandfathers Flag
- A little angel doll, made with red, white and blue fabric, with cute wire hair
- Then some fabric covered styro-balls
- And an USA wooden piece
Stay tuned for an awesome week here at Hoosier Homemade! Tomorrow kicks off Day 1 of a full week of Food for the Fourth of July! Main dishes, side dishes, salads, drinks and of course…lot and lots of desserts! Maybe even a tablespace or two!
Great display! I wish I had known about these parties…I am a little late????
Lots of fun for the fourth. I’m going to have to check back on your food, now too!
Bella Rosa Antiques
Fun and festive!
I love your mantle display~especially the garland!! Note to myself: learn to make garlands!:)
very pretty decoration! perfect for 4th of July! happy weekend!
Love your 4th of July mantle….it’s one of my favorite holidays too…..have a great 4th!!!
This is seriously fantastic!!! It makes me want to get out my sparklers right this second. Thanks for sharing. I am inspired!
I love the star garland! Your mantle looks so festive and fun! Found ya via CSI Project.
So pretty, Liz! Thanks for participating in Tutorial Tuesday!
This is so adorable! You are such a great decorator 🙂
I love it, wish I had the time to decorate I love the fourth of July but still unpacking from moving..I do have the outside looking festive!!!
Simple, but cute! Now you’ve reminded me to get out my 4th of July stuff. We usually decorate our picnic tables and trees at our mtn spot with all sizes of flags when we are camping. It’s fun and gets everyone in the spirit. 🙂
@gfe–gluten free easily, That sounds like a fun idea Shirley!
Your mantle is always so beautifully decorated. Your talents amaze me! I need to get a friend of mine over to your 4th of July link party and list her cute project she did.
@Tammy @ Not Just Paper and Glue, Thanks so much Tammy, that is so sweet of you to say!
I love it!
I’m in complete 4th of July mode this week so this is a perfect post to see. 🙂 You mantle is so fun and classy at the same time. I just love your blog! That gardening with antiques was very inspiring to me too!