I’m kicking off this VERY special week I have planned for you, with my Fourth of July Mantle! You all know how I LOVE the holidays, and Fourth of July is one of favorites, maybe even second to Christmas!
I’ve created another fun collage to show you just how easy it is to decorate your Mantle or shelf for Fourth of July.
- I started with a piece of fabric with flags on it
- I made the garland from scrapbook paper, and assembled it just like I did the St. Patrick’s Day Garland and Valentine’s Garland
- On one end I added a wooden flag
- And on the other end, I added a fun red, white and blue birdhouse
- In the garage, I found a VERY old Colonial Flag Banner, with 13 stars representing the colonies. I draped it over the wooden flag and birdhouse.
- Next came my Great-Grandfathers Flag
- A little angel doll, made with red, white and blue fabric, with cute wire hair
- Then some fabric covered styro-balls
- And an USA wooden piece
Stay tuned for an awesome week here at Hoosier Homemade! Tomorrow kicks off Day 1 of a full week of Food for the Fourth of July! Main dishes, side dishes, salads, drinks and of course…lot and lots of desserts! Maybe even a tablespace or two!