When fellow Hoosier, Amy from a Latte’ with Ott, told me about her Iron Chef Challenge, I knew I would want to join in. In January, the Challenge was Duck and in February it was Lamb, both of which I just don’t cook. But this month, is Red Gold Tomatoes, so I knew for sure I could come up with a recipe with tomatoes. And especially since they are grown in Indiana…did you know that?
- 2 pounds Ground Beef, cooked and drained
- 1 package Taco Seasoning
- 1 can Red Gold Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 2 cups Bisquick or other baking mix
- 2/3 cup water
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- Red Gold Diced Tomatoes
- Spray a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook and drain ground beef, return to pan and add taco seasoning and water according to directions on package.
- Drain tomatoes with chilies and add to taco meat, cook until most of the liquid is gone.
- Meanwhile, while meat is cooking, add Bisquick to a small bowl, add water and mix until soft dough forms.
- Press into baking dish evenly.
- Top with taco meat and bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and add cheese.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.
This recipe fits in a 13×9 pan, but can be easily cut in half for a smaller family.
For more Red Gold Tomato and other recipes visit the Iron Chef Challenge…
I’m linking to: Saturday Night Special
Disclosure: Red Gold sent me a package with canned tomatoes. All the opinions, photos and recipe are my own.