DIY Mason Jar Gifts: Girls Night In
I don’t know about you, but three of my favorite things are – making homemade gifts for friends and family – chocolate – girlfriends. Oh and let’s throw in a little cappuccino too! How about if we combine all those into one fabulous evening and host a Girls Night In. We will be making DIY Mason Jar Gifts for the holidays and of course, enjoying some Salted Caramel Cappuccino Brownies and Cappuccino.
Hosting a Girls Night In doesn’t have to be fancy or extravagant, and it definitely doesn’t need to cost a lot of money. The most important thing is to spend some quality time with your friends and have fun.
During our party, we will be making DIY Mason Jar Gifts. If you aren’t familiar with them, it’s essentially a group of small gifts put into a mason jar, and then decorated. The list of people who you can give these mason jar gifts is endless – friends, neighbors, co-workers, teachers, the post man, hair stylist, the list goes on and on.
But first, let’s set our table and do a little baking for our friends.
Keeping our table simple yet elegant was the goal. First I added a white tablecloth, and then the silver round placemats, I found them at Walmart, they are from the Better Homes and Gardens line. Then the white deer, she is from Michael’s craft store.
On the other placemats, I added a round mirror, a candle and a few spoonfuls of Epsom salt. The plates are from Walmart and also the Better Homes and Gardens line. Martini glasses hold candy and nuts to snack on.
The Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Cherries are delicious and also add a pop of color to the table.
And of course the Salted Caramel Cappuccino Brownies, but these aren’t your everyday brownies, nope, they have cappuccino in them – Hills Bros Salted Caramel Cappuccino to be exact. You know that chocolate and cappuccino go together splendidly in baked goods, right?
Here’s a little secret – I use a plastic knife to cut brownies. It works like a charm every time.
The Salted Caramel Cappuccino Brownie recipe is super easy and goes together in minutes. The chocolate and butter are melted in the microwave, and then a couple tablespoons of Salted Caramel Cappuccino is added. Whisk in the sugar, then each egg, and fold in the flour – it’s that easy.
You simply can’t go wrong with Cappuccino, Chocolate and time with your girlfriends.
The items that you fill in the jars is endless. Today we are putting together 7 different gifts in a jar to give you a little start on your imagination.
This is how it will work –
DIY Mason Jar Gifts for Girls Night In
- Each friend that comes to the party will bring 6 jars and enough of 1 kind of gift idea for each jar. So for example, 6 sets of nail polish, file, remover, lotion, etc.
- Then during the party, each friend will be able to fill 6 jars with the different gift.
- At the end of the party, each friend will leave with 6 gifts all ready to give.
Now let’s look at each jar to give you some ideas…
Mason Jar Gift for the Coffee Lover –
- Mug – I found this one at Walmart in the housewares area
- Hills Bros Cappuccino – it comes in many delicious flavors like French Vanilla, Salted Caramel, English Toffee, Double Mocha and more
Add the cappuccino to the jar, set the jar in the coffee mug and tie with a ribbon.
Mason Jar Gift for the Nail Lover –
- Nail Polish
- Nail Polish Remover – I found the small bottle in health and beauty with the other travel sizes
- Cuticle Cream
Add items to the jar and add a pretty ribbon
Mason Jar Gift for the Candy Lover –
- Small container of M&M’s
- Lindor Truffles
Add candy to jar and tie a ribbon around
Mason Jar Gift for Men –
- Shaving Cream
- Cologne Spray
- Nail clippers and tweezers
Add all items to the jar and add washi tape around the rim
Mason Jar Gift for the Cat Lover –
- Cat collar
- Cat toys
Add all items to the jar and add a ribbon and berries, if you like
Mason Jar Gift for the Baker –
- Decorator Bags
- Decorator Tips
- Cupcake Liners
- Coupon for a cake decorating class
Add all items to the jar and add a ribbon
Mason Jar Gift for Winter Survival –
- Lip Balm
Add all items to the jar and add a decoration
Now that I have hopefully inspired you to host your own Girls Night In, I have more fun for you!
First, head on over to the #CapptheNight website and check out the other bloggers who will be inspiring you with their ideas. AND before you head to the store, be sure to download the coupon for .55 cents savings off one 12 oz or larger canister of Hills Bros. Cappuccino.
It’s time to enter the #CapptheNight sweepstakes! You could be the winner of a prize pack to host your own Girls Night In!
Hill Bros. Cappuccino – #CappTheNight Sweepstakes
Join Beth Rosen and MJ Tam of ChicagonistaLIVE for a special #CappTheNight cooking segment during their November 18th holiday broadcast!
Salted Caramel Cappuccino Brownies
Easy to make brownies with salted caramel cappuccino in them.
- 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 - Hills Bros Salted Caramel Cappuccino single serve cup, brewed and cooled
- 6 ounces baking chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- Chocolate frosting, optional
- Coarse Sea Salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 8-inch square pan with parchment paper, spray paper with non-stick cooking spray
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt, set aside
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, add the chopped chocolate and butter, heat for 1 minute then stir until smooth (this takes a few minutes)
- Add 2 tablespoons cappuccino
- Whisk in the sugar until batter is smooth
- Add eggs, one a time, whisk just until combined
- Fold in flour mixture just until combined
- Add batter to baking pan and spread evenly
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (there may be a few flecks of fudge on it, do not over bake)
- Cool brownies and frost if desired
Such a fun and creative idea and I love the idea of serving coffee and sweets at a party like this!
Thanks so much Milisa! It was a blast to put together!