Well, I wouldn’t typically show you such a dirty dish, but the dirtier the better for this post.
My BlogSpark and P&G recently sent me the baking dish and some Cascade Complete All-in-1 Action Pacs to give them a try.
Let me tell you, most everything I buy is store brand. I shop at Aldi’s for groceries, and Walmart for household products. I used the Walmart brand of dishwasher soap, because well…it was cheaper. On a typical day, I do 2 loads of dishes, on a cooking or baking day, I’ve been known to have 5-6 loads, so I try to save where I can. Before I tried the Cascade Action Pacs, I really thought that my dishwasher was not very good, that maybe it was just a bottom of the line dishwasher and didn’t get the job done. I would spend lots of time, pre-washing, rinsing and MOST of the time, re-washing dishes that came out of the dishwasher still dirty. So, I not only was spending more time washing the dishes, but also more money on water and soap.
My challenge was to bake a Blueberry Cobbler, wash the dish and show you the results.
And of course, I couldn’t bake without sharing the recipe…
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 t. Baking Powder
- 3 c. Flour
- 1 c. Butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 t. Salt
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
- 4 c. Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 4 t. Cornstarch
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice, gently fold in blueberries and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients, sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and zest of lemon.
- Add egg and cold butter, cut into mixture with a fork or use food processor.
- Place blueberry mixture into dish and crumble with topping.
- Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon/sugar mixture if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes, depending on dish size.
Note: I adapted my recipe for [Blueberry Crumb Bars | https://hoosierhomemade.com/blueberry-crumb-bars/]. The recipe fits a 13 x9, the dish I used is actually about 6x6x3 . You will need to adjust cooking time, depending on your dish size.
Now for the Giveaway! I have a $25 Walmart Gift Card for one lucky reader, provided by P&G and My BlogSpark. You can use the gift card to purchase Cascade Action Pacs, so you can give them a try and see for yourself.
Full Disclosure: I was provided the baking dish and Cascade Action Pacs, the opinions of the Action Pacs are my own.
But first! If you have landed on this page, I have a new design, please hop on over to the Home Page and take a peek!
Please leave a seperate comment for each entry.
- Leave a comment telling me what you will buy with the gift card.
- Become a subscriber, leave me a comment.
- Follow me on Twitter, and leave me a comment with your Twitter ID, if you already follow me, just leave me a comment.
- Tweet about the giveaway including @HoosierHomemade in the tweet and a link to the giveaway post. Leave me a comment.
- The Giveaway will be open until Thursday, May 27th, 10 p.m. CST, the winner will be notified and have 48 hrs to claim their prize.
Psss…if you have landed on this page, please hop on over to the Home Page and check out my new design!
I’m joining the Blog Parties in my footer. Take a minute to visit a few, you might just find a new one to join!