This showstopping Angel Food Cake with Berries takes ONLY 15 minutes to put together! WOW your guests with this amazing and delicious 4th of July Cake Idea or serve for any occasion!
If you have been around here even for a little bit, you will quickly realize that I absolutely LOVE creating showstopping desserts that are quick and easy. This Angel Food Cake with Berries is the ultimate dessert! Not only does it look spectacular, and take only about 15 minutes to put together, it also tastes amazing.
Please, please don’t be intimidated by this cake, it really is super easy. It’s perfect for the upcoming 4th of July holiday but also great as a no bake dessert when you don’t want to heat up your oven during the heat of the summer.
The ingredients are very simple, yet have a few secret touches that make this Angel Food Cake with Berries extra special. I started with a store bought Angel Food Cake, you can also use a cake mix and bake your own, or make one from scratch.
The whipped topping is not your everyday run of the mill straight from the container topping. For extra thickness, I added a container of marshmallow creme and almond extract for extra flavoring.
The berries are also extra special – strawberries, blueberries, red raspberries and blackberries combined.
Here’s a little trick I learned long ago because I don’t cut very evenly. Use toothpicks to divide the cake into thirds, then using a serrated knife, cut along the toothpicks.
After the cake is cut, then the fun starts. Add the whipped topping and berries, then repeat the layers until you are finished. Then a few sprigs of mint to add a little freshness if you like.
Serve with a side of whipped topping and berries to make it even more delicious.
- 1 store bought Angel Food Cake - or bake one
- 2 containers (8 oz each) whipped topping, thawed
- 1 container (7 oz) marshmallow creme
- 2-3 teaspoons almond extract
- Berries (1 container each) strawberries, blueberries, red raspberries, blackberries
- Mint (optional)
- Clean and cut the fruit, place in bowl
- Whip together 1 container whipped topping and marshmallow creme until smooth
- Note: To easily remove the marshmallow from the jar, heat in microwave for 30 seconds
- Fold in additional whipped topping
- Add almond extract
- Divide cake into thirds
- Layer cake, whipped topping mixture and berries
- Repeat layers
- Finish with berries and mint
- Refrigerate until serving or serve immediately
- Store leftovers in fridge