These Turkey Pops are really easy and lots of fun to create! With just a few supplies including everyone’s favorite OREO cookies. They are perfect for a classroom treat or add them to your Thanksgiving Dessert Table and watch for the smiles!
Won’t the kiddos love these? They don’t take long, and the kids will have a blast helping you! Let’s get started on the Turkey Pops…
OREO Turkey Pops Supplies
- 1 package OREO cookies – your favorite flavor
- Chocolate candy coating – I use Almond Bark, found in the baking aisle
- Lollipop sticks
- Candy Corn
- Starburst Fruit Chews – orange and red
- Candy eyes
- Melt 2-3 blocks of chocolate candy coating in the microwave
- Take the OREO apart, dip the lollipop stick in the chocolate and gently push it into the creme filling, place the cookie back on and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet
- When you have all the sticks inserted, place cookie sheet in freezer for 5-10 minutes or until firm
- While the cookies are setting, create the beak and wattle. Unwrap Starburst and microwave for 5-6 seconds, pull off a piece of candy and mold the beak and wattle. I found it easiest to roll into a ball, then roll one end to form the point
- Re-heat chocolate, if needed, dip the pops in the candy coating until completely covered, let excess drip off
- Place on cookie sheet and immediately add eyes, beak and waddle. Let set for several minutes.
- To attach the candy corn for the feathers, dip the pointed end in the melted chocolate and attach to the back of the cookie.
Disclosure: This is a compensated post. I received the OREO prize pack and compensation from OREO.