Will you be celebrating Mardi Gras on Fat Tuesday next week? Even if you aren’t, it’s always fun to create some Mardi Gras Cupcakes! Right? Last year, I shared King Cake Cupcakes and also Mardi Gras Cupcakes with printables.
So this year, I wanted to change it up a bit, and was inspired when I saw Topsy Turvy Cupcakes over at Bakingdom. I think these would also be great for a birthday party! You could really change the color of frosting and share them for any celebration!
Topsy Turvy Cakes are often served at Mardi Gras Parties, with the different sized layers being placed crooked. I started with a mini cupcake and added Rolo and mini Peanut Butter Cup candies to the top.
Keeping the colors traditional for Mardi Gras, I colored the frosting purple, green and yellow. And added colorful sprinkles in two different shapes and sizes.
A fun cupcake for Mardi Gras or any celebration
- Mini Cupcakes - I baked mine in Jewel Tone liners
- Frosting colored - Purple, Green and Dark Yellow
- Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Rolo Candy
- Decorator Bags fitted with #10 and #18 Tips
- Bake and cool cupcakes
- Frost cupcakes and add some sprinkles
- Using a decorator bag fitted with a #10 Tip, add some frosting to a Rolo Candy, add some sprinkles and place on cupcake at an angle
- Using a decorator bag fitted with a #18 Tip, add some frosting to a Mini Peanut Butter Cup, add some sprinkles and place on Rolo at an angle
I also shared some yummy Mardi Gras Cupcakes using the King Cake Cupcakes recipe on Cupcake Chronicles Newsletter today. They have layers of cinnamon and sugar, and topped with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting.
And in case you are in need of more Mardi Gras Recipes, we are sharing lots on Pocket Change Gourmet! Including Main Dishes, Shrimp Dishes, Sandwiches, Sides and of course Dessert!
Will you be cooking for Mardi Gras? Whatcha’ gonna cook?
Head on over to Positively Splendid and enter to win my Cupcakes! 12 Months of Happiness eBook!