Whether you are looking for easy Halloween party recipes or maybe a treat to take to school, these Halloween Cupcakes are as fun to make as they are to eat.
Many years ago, pretty much everyone baked cakes…large, fancy, decorated cakes, and then cupcakes became popular and everyone quickly learned how easy it was to bake and serve them. There were still many people that loved the look of a decorated cake, so Pull Apart Cakes were born.
What is a Pull Apart Cake you ask? Well, simply cupcakes put together to resemble a cake and frosted.
Halloween is a favorite time in our home. For years I have made fun Halloween party snacks to enjoy at home, take to parties, and even classroom holiday parties. I was always the Mom they asked to bring in special treats for every holiday, and honestly, I loved it, and I miss those days. Although I’m reliving it a bit now with my son at college.
Halloween holiday party food doesn’t need to be difficult or take a really long time. Here are my favorite Easy Halloween Party Recipes…
- Candy Corn Jello Shots – with or without alcohol
- Halloween Trifle Dessert - can be made in any flavor
- Homemade Caramel Apple Pops – just 2 ingredients
- Mini Candy Corn Cupcakes - fun to make and fun to eat
- Pumpkin Marshmallow Pops – 15 minute treat
- Candy Corn Crunch – perfect to serve or give as gift
- 1 box cake mix plus ingredients
- Homemade or store bought frosting
- OREO Cookies for decorating
- Orange Coloring
- Orange colored sugar
- 7 pieces of candy corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake liners in pan.
- Mix cake batter with ingredients listed on the box
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Cool completely.
- Place cupcakes on a large serving platter in the shape of a pumpkin, using 2 cupcakes for the stem
- Frost cupcakes, sprinkle the outer layer edge with orange sugar
- Cut 2 OREO cookies in half and place on stem
- Cut 3 OREO cookies into thirds to make the eyes and nose
- Cut 1 OREO cookie for the eye brows
- Cut 3 OREO cookies in half for the mouth
- Add cookies to the pumpkin and add candy corn. Add a dab of frosting to the candy corn for the eyes