With only 3 ingredients, you can have these delicious Easy Homemade Pumpkin Doughnuts! Add a simple 2 ingredient glaze and they are out of this world! Grab a cup of coffee, because you are going to want a couple of these amazing Homemade Doughnuts.
Who doesn’t love a warm, freshly baked doughnut? Not to mention a freshly baked doughnut with a hot cup of coffee? The pair is like the perfect marriage really. The two go hand in hand.
This time of year makes me not only think about doughnuts and coffee, but about everything pumpkin as well. What would be more perfect than a pumpkin doughnut with your coffee? The only thing I think would top that is a pumpkin doughnut that you make from the comfort of your own home, in your cozy kitchen, where all the smells of them baking will make it extremely difficult to wait until the oven timer beeps.
When I think of making pumpkin goodies, I have often made muffins or bread. I have always envisioned doughnut making as something that has to be down to an art – deep fried in the hottest of oils and taken out carefully to cool. What I didn’t realize is that it can be MUCH easier.
I can actually BAKE doughnuts, as well!
This recipe has changed my life. No longer am I intimidated about making doughnuts, but I can make them at home and add one of my favorite Fall flavors – pumpkin spice – simply by using delicious International Delight Pumpkin Spice coffee creamer into the glaze. So now, I can have pumpkin in my doughnut AND my coffee. And I don’t have to leave my house. I’m pretty sure I just died and went to heaven. As you know, I am a huge fan of the International Delight Coffee Creamers. Not only in our coffee, but in many of the desserts, cupcakes, and sweet treats that I have shared with you.
These doughnuts are so easy to make and just require only 3 ingredients. All you need is a cake mix, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. To send the Pumpkin Doughnuts over the top, add a simple glaze made with powered sugar and International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer. A doughnut pan is fun, but not required. These also bake nicely in mini-muffin tins, they turn out almost like doughnut holes.
These are such a treat. I haven’t seen my family this excited about breakfast since I brought home a box of doughnuts from our local grocery store – and from the way it’s going now, I doubt I will ever be doing that again.
Visit the International Delight to share in your Delightful Moments
For giveaways and coupons, sign up for the International Delight Newsletter. It’s FREE!
- 1 box cake mix - white, yellow or spice
- 1 (15 oz) can solid packed pumpkin - not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice - recipe here
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray doughnut pans or mini muffin tins with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pumpkin and spice
- Mix well until smooth
- Fill doughnut pans about ½ full. I used a cookie dough scoop and added 3 scoops then spread the dough with the back of a spoon to even it out.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes. Cool
- Meanwhile, whisk together the powdered sugar and creamer until smooth. Add more creamer or more powdered sugar depending on the consistency you want
- After the doughnuts are cooled, dip into the glaze and set on a cookie sheet or rack. Be sure to add a pan underneath to catch the extra glaze.
This conversation is sponsored by International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.