I’ve been having some fun playing with my food! As a busy Mom, I’m not only looking for delicious recipes, but ways to serve them that my boys will eat. The Clare Crespo Cookbook; A Very Veggie World is full of fun, whimsical, step-by-step recipes that families are sure to love like this Asparagus Bouquet.
With just a few simple ingredients, including Country Crock, you can make this Asparagus Bouquet that is not only pretty, but tasty too! Here’s what I used…
Did you know that Asparagus is an ancient vegetable that is a good source of vitamins A and C? Our family loves Asparagus fixed many different ways…grilled, in stir-fry and simply sauteed with Country Crock.
And then serving it displayed like a flower bouquet is just fun!
Clare Crespo has created lots of fun and delicious recipes for the “A Very Veggie World” Cookbook. Country Crock is offering a FREE download to Clare’s Veggie Book! Grab your copy!
- 2 lemons
- 3 Tablespoons Country Crock® Spread
- 1 bunch asparagus, 1-2 inches trimmed from bottoms
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of pepper
- A few sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- 4 wooden skewers
- Use a small sharp knife to make zigzag cuts around each lemon as far into the center as possible.
- Once you have made it all around the lemon, carefully separate the halves, trimming any pieces that need it.
- Insert skewers into the uncut side of lemon halves.
- In a skillet, melt Country Crock® Spread.
- Add asparagus and cook for 3-6 minutes until bright green and can be
- pierced with a fork.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Arrange asparagus, lemon “flowers” and parsley in a clean glass vase.
- Serve and encourage everyone to squeeze lemon flowers on their asparagus.
Are you looking for quick and simple tips and recipes to make serving veggies more fun? Download the free Clare Crespo Cookbook here for fun and whimsical recipes your family is sure to love!