Real Time Analytics

Applesauce Muffins

I make these muffins at least a couple times a month. They are really tasty and very hearty, and pretty healthy too. They’re great to take for a large crowd, I’ve taken them quite often to feed the football, basketball or baseball teams.

applesauce-muffins

4 c. Flour

1 T. Cinnamon

1 T. Allspice

2 t. Baking Soda

1 c. Butter or Margarine, soft

2 c. Sugar

2 Eggs

2 c. Applesauce

2 T. Vanilla

1 c. Raisans

Combine flour, cinnamon, allspice and soda, set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs, applesauce and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisans. Fill greased or paper lined muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 20 – 25 min.

Here is a little tip I do so the raisans won’t stick together in a clump. First, I measure the raisans and put them in a bowl.

raisans

Then I throw in a finger-pinch of flour

raisans2

Then I mix the flour in until the raisans are coated

raisans3

I used to buy baking raisans, but found that I can use this method and the raisans bake up just as well and are much cheaper than the baking raisans.

For more great recipes please visit these great carnivals:

~Slightly Indulgent Mondays hosted by Simply Sugar & Gluten Free

~Make Something Monday hosted by Go Graham Go

~Make Something Monday hosted by Jolly Mom

~Homemaker Mondays hosted by 11th Heaven Homemaking Haven’s

~Mouthwatering Mondays hosted by From the Land of Monkeys and Princesses

~Recipe Swap hosted by Our Chaotic Life

~Make Something Monday hosted by Peanut Butter and Smelly’s Dad

Comments

1. Those sound really good!! Thanks for sharing – I’m definitely going to try them! :)

2. Harriet says:

I use to put applesauce in muffins for my kids when they were younger. Your muffins sound good.

3. Rob says:

These sounds yummy. I love heathy muffins :)

4. angela says:

these sound yummy and so good for you

5. Yum Yum!! I love using applesauce in baked goods and these sound delish!
    Great tip on the raisins!

6. Love it! Smart idea with the raisins!! I have a guacamole recipe on my site!

7. Amy says:

Yum and almost everything that is already in my pantry to boot! I have done that with chocolate chips before, but never thought to do that with raisins. Thanks so much for the tip!

8. Felicia says:

I love these muffins.. I actually make a recipe that is similar! YUM!

9. Anissa says:

Thanks for sharing! That sounds yummy!
    Glad you joined us today.

10. These look great! I make some very similar, but I will try your recipe next time!

11. Xazmin says:

These sound delish! I have all these ingredients on hand…I think I will make them for breakfast tomorrow! Thanks for the recipe!

12. These would be perfect made gluten & sugar-free so don’t be surprised if I come up with my own spin on these. I bookmarked it in my “to make” file.

You’re the only other person I’ve seen do the flour-coated raisin trick. Actually, I saw Ina Garten do it with cheddar cheese and have stolen it and used it in everything that sticks when baking. It always works perfectly.

Thanks so much for participating in Slightly Indulgent Mondays!!

13. Kris says:

I found your site last night and spent my evening there. I made these muffins for breakfast (mini sized) today. I halved it and didn’t have allspice so I doubled the cinnamon and no raisins (fam doesn’t like them). Used Granny Smith applesauce. Kids loved them!
    Kris recently posted..20 July – Rutgers Wrestling CampMy Profile