This recipe is brought to you by Puff Pastry. The holiday season is upon us and you know what that means – lots of entertaining. Whether you are hosting a get together for family and friends or fixing a dessert to take with you when you attend a party, we all love a quick and easy recipe that doesn’t take a lot of time but also looks impressive.
Apples, Cranberries and Walnuts are very traditional flavors for the holidays. These Apple Cranberry Pastries have a new twist though, made with Puff Pastry and a bit of white chocolate, they are not only rich with flavor, they have a hint of sophistication too.
The filling made with apples, cranberries, cinnamon, sugar, walnuts and orange zest is enveloped in sheets of delicate Puff Pastry. The additional white chocolate inside and out puts these little Apple Cranberry Pastries over the top!
These pastries will add such elegance to a dessert table for any your holiday parties. Or change up the filling for a savory pastry.
After you thaw and roll out the Puff Pastry into a 12 inch square, cut into rectangles about 4 by 3 inches. I found using a pizza cutter to be the easiest way to do this.
Then each square gets about 12 white chocolate chips and then a tablespoon of the apple cranberry filling.
Brush water onto the edges of the Puff Pastry.
Gently fold over one edge and then other, pressing slightly to seal.
After the Apple Cranberry Pastries are baked, a drizzle of melted white chocolate to finish them off.Print
Apple Cranberry Pastries
Elegant dessert to add to your dessert table. Recipe from HoosierHomemade.com
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 37 minutes
- Yield: 24 pastries
- 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored and diced finely
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped finely
- Flour for dusting work surface
- 1 pkg. (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips
- Finely grate 2 teaspoons of zest from orange
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the apples and cranberries and cook for 6 minutes or until the apples are tender stirring occasionally
- Season with the salt, stir in the sugar and cinnamon and cook for 1 minute
- Remove the skillet from the heat, stir in the walnuts and orange zest
- Let the mixture cool for 30 minutes
- Heat oven to 400 degrees, line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray lightly with cooking spray
- Sprinkle the flour on the work surface.Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the work surface.
- Roll the pastry sheet into a 12-inch square.Cut the pastry into 12 (4×3-inch) rectangles.
- Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
- Place about 12 white chocolate chips in the center of each rectangle, add 1 tablespoon of filling
- Brush edge of pastry with water, pull corner of pastry over filling, then pull opposite side over
- Place on cookie sheet. Repeat for remaining rectangles
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, cool on rack
- Melt remaining chips in microwave, 15 seconds at a time until smooth and completely melted
- Drizzle chocolate over pastries
Cook time includes filling and baking time. You could also use a variety of fillings. Recipe adapted from Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry
I’m always looking for ways to spark new creative ideas with my recipes. I hope you enjoy this recipe and don’t forget to check out more recipes at www.puffpastry.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry. The opinions and text are all mine.