Decorating the outside of our home is something we just love to do! This year these DIY Lighted Holiday Yard Trees will be lighting up our yard!
We had fun sharing our DIY Lighted Holiday Yard Tree with The Home Depot in Castleton. It’s not difficult to make and the ideas are endless for size and decorating your tree.
DIY Lighted Holiday Yard Tree Supplies
- Tree – 2′ x 4′ x 1/2″ thick pressure-treated plywood
- Post – 8′ long 2 x 4 or you can also use small stakes or a metal rod
- Paint – amount will depend on the size of your tree, we bought a quart and had plenty left over to do a few more trees
- Lights – again, depending on the size of your tree, we used a 50 count white light set, you can also use 35 or 100 in any color you like
- Screws – 3″ flat-head deck screws used to attach the post to the back of the tree, you will need 4-6 screws
- Staples – Electrical Cord Staples to attach the lights on the back
- Decorations – optional, we used garland and small ornaments, both found at The Home Depot in the Holiday area
Ready to make your own Lighted Holiday Yard Tree?
- Go HERE to download the Tree Template
- Go HERE to see full instructions
- Go HERE to watch videos of the project
You can also watch my news segment…
Thanks to Indianapolis WISH TV for having me! Are you ready for an awesome giveaway?? Click on the photo below to enter!
For more inspiration…
- Follow The Home Depot on Twitter or Facebook
- Be inspired by The Home Depot Pinterest Boards
- Learn more on their Apron Blog