Recently while looking through my Recipe page, I noticed that I haven’t shared very many muffin recipes, add in my son that needs to take lunch to school plus some overripe bananas, and what do you have? Banana Crumb Muffins…delicious!
The crumb topping gives these ordinary Banana Muffins a little extra flavor and texture. We liked them warm right from the oven the best, but they were perfect to pack in lunches as well. Be sure to store them in an air tight container. They actually tasted better the next day.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and fill muffin pan with liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients for the muffins
- Using a food processor or fork, mash bananas and pour into small bowl
- Add white sugar, egg and melted butter, mix well and add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients for topping, cut in the butter with a fork or your fingers
- Add about 1/3 cup batter for each muffin, and sprinkle on crumb topping
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
What are favorite kind of muffins?
Linking to…Saturday Night Special