Today I’m thrilled to be joined by 13 other amazing bloggers for our Christmas Cookie Exchange. We all baked a batch of cookies or treats and swapped blogs to share our recipes.
A soft molasses cookie with warm winter spices, cinnamon and ginger, and studded with cinnamon chips for an extra layer of cinnamon deliciousness.
Thanks Liz for inviting me to share a cookie recipe on Hoosier Homemade as part of our Virtual Christmas Cookie Exchange. I’m Barbara and you’ll find me baking sweet treats and more on Barbara Bakes and pressure cooking quick, delicious family meals on Pressure Cooking Today.
My daughter was visiting recently. She’s eight months pregnant and was craving something sweet, so we whipped up these scrumptious soft ginger snap cookies. She has fond memories of eating ginger snap cookies this time of year. We like our ginger snaps soft, not the hard crunchy ginger snaps you buy in the grocery store.
Since I’d stashed away several bags of cinnamon chips in the pantry, we decided they’d be the perfect addition to our soft ginger snap cookies. If you haven’t tried cinnamon chips yet, they’re basically a white chocolate chip spiced up with cinnamon.
Cinnamon Chips can sometimes be hard to find. Hershey’s makes them and they’re often only available in stores in the fall and winter. You can buy them online through Amazon or King Arthur Flour. If you’re adventurous, you can even make cinnamon chips at home. Renata at Testado, Provado & Aprovado did a delicious post about how easy it is to make cinnamon chips.
These cookies would also be delicious with semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or even with no chips at all and a tall glass of cold milk. Enjoy!
Thanks so much Barbara! This recipe looks amazing! For more recipes to fill your cookie tray – visit these bloggers!
- Candy Cane Meringue Cookies shared on Bless This Mess by Sweet Treats and More
- Chocolate Filled Gingersnaps on Barbara Bakes by Taste and Tell
- Chocolate Peppermint & Oreo Cookies shared on Let’s Dish by Mandy’s Recipe Box
- Chocolate Strawberry Truffles shared on Sweet Sugarbelle by Hoosier Homemade
- Crispy Maple Sugar Cookies shared on Mandy’s Recipe Box by Bless This Mess
- Gingerbread Drop Cookies shared on Kitchen Meets Girl by Munchkin Munchies
- Iced Gingerbread Cookies shared on A Family Feast by Roxana’s Home Baking
- Italian Almond Cookies shared on Munchkin Munchies by Your Homebased Mom
- Molasses Cookies shared on Crumbs and Chaos by Kitchen Meets Girl
- Orange & Ginger Cookies with Chocolate Drizzle shared on Your Homebased Mom by A Family Feast
- Orange Ginger Pecan Cookies shared on Sweet Treats and More by Let’s Dish
- Snowmen Cookie Pops shared on Roxana’s Home Baking by Sweet Sugarbelle
- Soft Chocolate Gingersnaps shared on Taste and Tell by Crumbs and Chaos
- Soft Gingersnap Cookies shared on Hoosier Homemade by Barbara Bakes
Linking to…Gooseberry Patch