During the hot Summer months, there is nothing that I like more than to create and serve a no bake dessert. These No Bake Cheesecake Trifles are perfect for any time of year, but especially right now for the Fourth of July holiday.
The creamy filling, crushed shortbread cookies and pie filling with cherries and blueberries make these delicious desserts in a jar so festive.
In minutes you can have a special treat to enjoy at home, or pack them up and take them to a potluck or picnic for the Fourth of July. The cream cheese filling can be made up a couple days ahead, then simply assemble them the day you want to enjoy them.
The jars are half pint mason jars and can be found most anywhere you purchase canning supplies, like Walmart. Crush store bought shortbread cookies and add a few spoonfuls to the bottom of the jar. The filling, made with cream cheese, sugar and Cool Whip whipped topping can be spooned in or fill a decorator bag and pipe it in (I find this method to be easiest), a couple heaping spoonfuls of Lucky Leaf Pie Filling, then repeat the layers.
Top with a large dollop of Cool Whip whipped topping and a sprinkle of crushed cookies and you have a special dessert in minutes.
Delicious no bake treat that will impressive your guests. Recipe from HoosierHomemade.com
15 minPrep Time
- 1 - 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 - 8 oz container Cool Whip whipped topping
- 1 can Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 can Lucky Leaf Blueberry Pie Filling
- 1 package shortbread cookies, crushed - about 1 cup
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar and beat until light and fluffy
- Fold in abut 1/2 of the container of Cool Whip until smooth
- Crush cookies by placing them in a resealable bag and using a rolling pin
- In small jars, add about 3 teaspoons full of cookie crumbs to the bottom
- Place filling in decorator bag or resealable bag and pipe into jars
- Top with Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling
- The repeat layers, finishing with Lucky Leaf Blueberry Pie Filling and top with Cool Whip whipped topping and a sprinkle of crushed cookies
If you don't have jars or want to serve this in a regular dish, you can use a clear glass bowl or 13x9 glass dish also.
Disclosure: I was provided products to review and bake with. As always, the opinions and photos are my own.
Linking to…Gooseberry Patch