Building childhood memories is something every Mother and Father want to do. Over the years we have hosted many parties for our boys, and a lot of the time coming up with the party idea is just as fun as the party itself. Fall is a perfect time to make these memories with your children, with the leaves changing and Halloween coming up, it’s a great time to host a party.
This Fall Party for Kids is jam packed with cuteness, from the plates and cups to the Woodland Creature Masks to the Wild Animal Snack Mix – every single bit of it adds a little excitement to the party.
We have lots to share, so I have broken it up into two separate posts. Today I will show you how to create your own Woodland Creature Masks, toss together the Wild Animal Snack Mix in minutes and then set the table for the Fall Party.
Tomorrow I will share the recipe for the Mini Pumpkin Whoopie Pies, they are super easy too!
The inspiration for this Fall Party started with the plates. I spotted them at Walmart and just couldn’t help but grab all four – the Fox, Raccoon, Bear and Owl. I’m using the plates and matching cups, they also have bowls that would be darling for breakfast and matching silverware too.
Down the center of the table, we used a roll of burlap found near the Fall decorations and Deco Mesh. It works perfectly for a table runner.
I gathered some leaves that had fallen from the tree in our front yard and scattered them on the table.
You can’t have a party without a fun craft, decoration or activity, so using the plates for inspiration, I created the Woodland Creature Masks. They are not only fun for this Fall Party, but would make cute Halloween Masks for the kids or even adults.
After I figured out a basic mask, the addition of each of the faces to make them into the different animals was easy. And even easier for you, although I’m not a great artist, I put together some printable patterns for each of the masks. You can find all the details below.
Let’s gather our supplies…
Woodland Creature Mask Supplies
- Foam Sheets – found in the craft department at Walmart, there are 50 sheets 5.5 x 8.5 inches which was the perfect size for the masks, the whole package was about $4, with lots of leftovers
- Pipe Cleaners – these are from a package of Ultimate Animal Fuzzy Kit
- Paper straws – found in the party supplies
- Scrapbook Paper – available near the office supplies
- Glue – Elmer’s and/or Hot Glue Gun
- Brown Marker – for drawing on the Fox Mask
- X-Acto Knife and cutting mat
- Scotch Tape
- Masks – these are not necessary because I created a pattern for you, but if you want to use them for your own pattern, it’s easy. They were in a party supplies area and only about $2
For each of the masks – print out the pattern onto white cardstock or heavy paper. If you don’t have a printer, you can save the pattern to a flashdrive, and take it to an office supply store and they will print them for you, usually around $1 each. Cut out the pieces from the pattern, then tape the ears to the main part of the mask. Then trace the whole piece onto a sheet of foam, then cut out using the X-Acto Knife.
- Fox – cut out main mask from orange foam sheet, cut out additional pieces – mask around eyes, nose and inside of ears – across the bottom of the ears, I cut small notches to give it a little different look. Glue on the ear pieces and mask, then glue on the whiskers and then nose. Using the brown marker draw a small design in between the ears
- Owl – cut from orange foam sheet, light tan for around the eyes, brown for the ears and an orange beak
- Bear – cut from dark brown, black for the nose and orange for the inside of the ears – I cut small notches all the way around the orange to make it look like fur
- Raccoon - cut from tan, then cut mask for around eyes in dark brown and the inside of the ears from scrapbook paper, the nose is tan and glue on top of the whiskers
Now we have to feed these little Woodland Creatures right? Toss together this Wild Animal Snack Mix in minutes…
Wild Animal Snack Mix
- 2 cups Apple Cinnamon Oat Cereal
- 1 cup each of Pretzels, Raisins, Animal Crackers and M&M’s
The Squirrel Dish and Owl Plate are also from the collection at Walmart.
Watch for the recipe for these delicious Mini Pumpkin Whoopie Pies tomorrow! Additional food options are endless, we love these Buffalo Chicken Salad Sliders, they are perfect for little hands and not too spicy.
Are you ready to put together this Fall Party? Oh and yes – I will share how to make the Candy Corn Banner soon too!