Personally I have always been a fan of the flavors in Bruschetta – tomatoes, basil, garlic and onions. However, I have never really been a fan of the hard, crusty bread that it is typically served on.
But when I spotted the new Triscuit made with Tomato and Sweet Basil, a light bulb went off and thought perhaps the same Italian flavors of Bruschetta would go perfect on these new snack crackers.
With a light spread of softened cream cheese and topped with a mixture of fresh tomatoes, basil and green onions from our garden and Italian dressing for a burst of flavor, this Fresh Italian Bruschetta goes together in minutes.
And to bring in a little more authentic Italian flavor, I added a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Triscuit has launched a new flavor line of crackers baked with 100% whole grain brown rice and wheat, some with real food ingredients like sweet potato or red beans. The Tomato and Sweet Basil Triscuit crackers are made with Brown Rice.
Yields 24-30 crackers
Super easy snack made with real food and bursting with Italian flavors. Recipe from HoosierHomemade.com
5 minPrep Time
- Triscuit Tomato & Sweet Basil snack crackers
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped small
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon green onions, tops chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Italian dressing
- 1-2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- Chop all ingredients and place in small bowl
- Pour on dressing and stir well
- Soften cream cheese and spread on crackers
- Top with tomato mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese
- Serve chilled or room temp
A new take on an old favorite. Enjoy the new line of Triscuit baked with whole grain brown rice and wheat, some with real food ingredients like sweet potato or red beans.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Triscuit. The opinions and text are all mine.