During a typical Winter, here in Northwest Indiana, we have 80+ inches of snow! That means lots of shoveling, sledding, snowman building and of course drinking Hot Cocoa with a big dollop of Marshmallow Fluff!
Along with the snow comes the cold, so to keep our Hot Cocoa steamy hot, we rely on Thermos brand insulated mugs! And I can tell you first hand they keep your drink super hot! We were outside taking photos of the Hot Cocoa for at least 30 minutes, with the lid off the Thermos and sitting outside, I still burned my tongue when I drank it!
Thermos is offering one lucky Hoosier Homemade reader this mug, but before we get to the giveaway, let’s chat about the Homemade Hot Cocoa Recipe.
The combination of cocoa, Hershey’s Baking Melts, dry vanilla coffee creamer and the hint of spices gives the Hot Cocoa Mix a special richness and depth of flavor. We also like adding Marshmallow Fluff to the top!
The Hot Cocoa Mix also makes a perfect gift for the Holidays! Pair it with a Thermos mug and you have the ultimate gift for the neighbor, teacher or even your coffee loving friend!
Thermos brand mugs have double wall vacuum insulation for maximum temperature retention, keeping beverages hot for 5 hours and cold for 9 hours! They are cool to the touch with hot liquids, sweat-proof with cold, and are dishwasher safe!
One lucky Hoosier Homemade reader will receive a Stainless King Traveler Mug, valued at $25.99!
Entries only accepted on this page. Facebook and Twitter entries do not count. Giveaway will remain open until December 7, 2012 at 10 p.m. CST. The winner will be chosen at random, notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond.
GIVEAWAY CLOSED – Check the Giveaway Winners Page
- What is your favorite hot drink to enjoy on the go?
OPTIONAL ENTRIES: Please leave a separate comment for each entry
- Follow Thermos on Facebook , and/or Twitter – leave a separate comment for each
- Subscribe to Cupcake Chronicles Newsletter and/or Hoosier Homemade – leave a separate comment for each
- Follow Hoosier Homemade on Facebook and/or Twitter – leave a separate comment for each
- Follow Hoosier Homemade on Pinterest
- Subscribe to Pocket Change Gourmet
- Follow Pocket Change Gourmet on Facebook and/or Twitter
- Follow Pocket Change Gourmet on Pinterest
Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix
Delicious Hot Cocoa Mix with a hint of spice. Recipe from HoosierHomemade.com. Adapted from Gooseberry Patch Christmas Book
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup hot cocoa
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole almonds
- 12 Hershey’s Baking Melts Chocolate Disks
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon dry vanilla coffee creamer
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup milk for each serving
- Marshmallow Fluff, Marshmallows or Whipping Cream for Garnish
- Place sugar and almonds in food processor and grind until fine
- Add chocolate, cocoa, coffee creamer, cinnamon and nutmeg and process until mixture is finely ground
- For each serving add 1 tablespoon to 1 cup hot milk
- Garnish with marshmallow fluff or marshmallows if desired
You can also leave out the spices in this mix, it’s still delicious
Disclaimer: Compensation and products for review were provided by Thermos. I received a free sample of the product for the purpose of this review and to facilitate a giveaway. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Thermos.