Delicious and moist cake made with just 5 ingredients and topped with a creamy frosting.
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 small box of pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 cup oil, vegetable or canola
- 3 eggs
- 1 15 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 small package pistachio pudding mix
- 2-3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package whipped topping
- chopped nuts for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Grease a 9×13 pan and set aside
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs and pineapple in a mixing bowl
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, mix cake on medium speed for approximately 2 minutes. Pour batter into greased 9×13 pan and Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting
- Combine milk and pudding mix in a medium sized mixing bowl. (if you are going to get crazy and add some sour cream, this is the time to do it. Just a spoonful approx. 2-3 tbsp) Whisk for 1-2 minutes and let stand for 4-5 minutes.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping and spread creamy pudding frosting evenly over cake.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired. Refrigerate until you serve it.
Note: If your kids will freak out at the site of a small pineapple chunk, blend the pineapple up in your blender before mixing into the cake.