Easy to make Homemade Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter, divided
- 1+1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Confectioners’ (powdered) Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips (I used Milk Chocolate)
- 4 Milk Chocolate Candy Bars (1.55 ounces each), coarsely chopped (I used Hershey’s)
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- Fill mini muffin tins with mini paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, butter and confectioners sugar and salt until smooth, set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, candy bars and remaining peanut butter, stir until smooth. (this usually takes about 2 minutes)
- Drop teaspoonfuls of chocolate mixture into paper liners.
- Top each with a scant teaspoonful of peanut butter mixture
- Top each with chocolate mixture to cover.
- Decorate with sprinkles if desired.
- Refrigerate until set
Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
You may have some peanut butter mixture left over depending on how much you add to each cup.
For the Heart Shaped Peanut Butter Cups, fill a piping bag with chocolate mixture, fill a heart shaped silicone ice cube mold about 1/2 full with chocolate mixture.
Add a small amount of peanut butter mixture, fill to the top with chocolate, covering the peanut butter.
Place in fridge until set, turn over and pop out of mold.