These Thanksgiving Cupcakes would be a great addition to the kids table at this year’s Thanksgiving celebration, topped with adorable Pilgrim Hats and Cornucopia, they are sure to please the kids and adults too!
Happy Cupcake Tuesday! I’m so excited you are here! Looking for a cupcake recipe? Be sure to check out the Cupcake Heaven page, there are over 250 cupcake recipes and decorating ideas!
One of my fondest memories growing up was the big holiday dinners my Mom served. The smells in our home are unforgettable. Over the years, I have tried to recreate those memories for our boys. Along with the turkey, stuffing and potatoes, dessert is always on the menu. The familiar scents of AirWick’s “Good To Be Home” collection take me back to those younger years. The Frosted Vanilla and Cupcake Delight reminded me of the classic Vanilla Cupcakes that my Mom used to bake.
So to bring back memories and create some for my boys, I baked a batch of vanilla cupcakes and decorated them for Thanksgiving. As always, the cupcakes are easy and fun for the kids to decorate too! With just a few simple supplies, you and the kids can whip up a batch of these Thanksgiving Cupcakes to share with family and friends! You could also have the cupcakes frosted and place a cupcake at each child’s place setting along with the candy, cookie and bugles to decorate and let them decorate their own.
Let’s get started with the Pilgrim Hats…
Pilgrim Hat Supplies
- Fudge Striped Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cups, bite size
- Chocolate Almond Bark, 1 block melted
- Buttercream frosting, colored with Buttercup Yellow
- Decorator bag fitted with a #4 round tip
- Frost cupcake with Buttercream frosting (I used Wilton Copper to color it)
- Place cookie upside down on a wax paper lined cookie sheet
- Unwrap Peanut Butter Cups and dip into melted chocolate, place on cookie
- Let set a few minutes until chocolate is set
- Pipe on the gold buckle and rim using a decorator bag fitted with a small round tip
- Place on top of frosted cupcake
Cornucopia Cupcake Supplies
- Runts candy
- Frost cupcake with Buttercream Frosting
- Place Bugle on top, toward the back of the cupcake, allowing room for candy (you want to choose the Bugles that are curled up a bit on the pointed end)
- Place Runts “fruit” candy inside and in front of Bugle
As friends and family fill your home during this holiday season, so do the smells of home cooked food and dessert. The oven is warming up and ready for all the delicious dessert that is sure to be enjoyed.
The AirWick “Good To Be Home” collection comes in a variety of different scents and is an exclusive line of candles at Walmart, available in-store and online, for only $4.98 each. These candles not only create an ambiance of home baked goods, they also accent your home decor at a great value. The candles come in glass jars with a beautiful mirrored cap and the labels easily peel off to fit into any home’s decor.
The Frosted Vanilla and Cupcake Delight was perfect while I was whipping up the Thanksgiving Cupcakes. And during the Christmas season, Mrs. Claus’ Apple Pie would make a wonderful hostess gift.
How do you prepare your home for guests during the holiday season?