Now that you all think I’ve gone off the decorating deep end, let me share my St. Patrick’s Day Mantle with you.
I know, I know…who is that crazy lady that’s decorating her mantle again? After having so much fun and such a great response for my Valentine Mantle, I just had to decorate it for St. Patrick’s Day. While I usually decorate for every season and every holiday, I don’t usually decorate too much for St. Patrick’s Day. I guess this has turned into a new tradition, coming up with a different mantle to share with you for every holiday.
Once again, I have broken down each step, to give you a play by play, easy to decorate, mantle.
- Begin by gathering your supplies and decorations, since I don’t have too many actual St. Patrick’s Day decorations, I really needed to think outside the box on this one
- I added some green gingham fabric
- And a wire with shamrocks on it
- I typed the Irish Blessing out and added shamrocks on the top and bottom, backed it with some green scrapbook paper and framed it
- On the opposite end, because it creates good balance, I added a green vase with dried green hydrangeas (this was the first of my outside the box thinking)
- This is how it looks when you place a large item at each end
- I added some plastic grass (I know, weird, but it added color and texture)
- I started collecting holiday dishes a few years back, so I do have a few St. Patrick’s Day pieces, the crystal piece is shaped like a shamrock
- Then I filled a small crystal vase with green Jolly Ranchers (thinking outside the box again, I just searched the house for anything green)
- I added my other dishes, the bowl gave me a little problem, as it wouldn’t stay up. I started with a small crystal plate (not in the picture) and had the glue gun heating up (yep, old blue to the rescue again ) Then I sat down to the computer and next to my monitor was this little candy dish, empty of course, it worked perfect to hold the bowl and I didn’t even have to use the glue gun.
- Then I added my little wooden leprechaun
- And decided the candy dish/bowl duo needed a little color, so I added a piece of fabric with shamrocks on it
- Then while folding laundry in my bedroom (inspiration comes from many places for me) I happen to remember some jewelry that I had. So I added the bracelet to one end
- And a shamrock that used to be a necklace (funny how we hold onto things for such a long time)
So, there you have it…another fun Mantle. And the best part, I spent $-0- on it.
Do you decorate for St. Patrick’s Day? How about some green food for dinner? You guessed it, I will be sharing our St. Patrick’s Day Dinner in a couple weeks.
Sorry for the pictures being all wonky, they are giving me a bit of a challenge right now.
This post linked to: