Real Time Analytics

St. Patrick’s Day Decorations

St. Patrick’s Day is one of my favorite holidays. I had fun decorating and sharing our St. Patrick’s Day Mantle.

Sometimes I have a struggle with blogging “in real time”, that is, like designers and authors, you have to write and post about upcoming events or holidays quite a bit ahead. I wanted to share a tutorial on how to decorate your Mantle for Easter, so I took down the St. Patrick’s Day Mantle a little early. I still wanted to have some decorations up though, so I moved all the “green” goodies to the Dining Room. And, added a few decorations…

I made a St. Patrick’s Day Garland, using the same concept that I made my Valentine’s Garland. I used construction paper and cookie cutters. I was really surprised, after asking my son, Casey, to go through the cookie cutters for me and get out all the shamrocks, that I have 7 different size shamrocks. Remember, these cute cupcake toppers? I printed out some more and added them to the garland too.

I hung it under the window in our Dining Room, I apoligize for the light exposure in these pictures. With the light coming in the window, I just couldn’t get a good picture. We also still have up our plastic on the windows, hoping Spring is near :)

Decorating my Little Tree for the seasons and holidays, has become quite a tradition in our home. I recently shared with you the Valentine’s Day and the Snowman Tree.

I started with wire garland that has shamrocks on it, I added some of the shamrocks that I cut out of construction paper, like the garland, some of the St. Patrick’s Day printables and a few gold coins that I glued a ribbon to. (visit Diane to see her money tree)

I had all of the supplies on hand, making this little project, quite “lucky” :)

Do you have a special day planned for St. Patrick’s Day?

This post linked to:

~Make Your Monday hosted by Twice Remembered Cottage

~DIY Show Off

~Made By You Monday hosted by Skip To My Lou

~Inspiring Fridays hosted by The Inspired Room

~St. Patrick’s Day Party hosted by Created by Diane

~Saturday Night Special hosted by Funky Junk Interiors

~Show & Tell Friday hosted by My Romantic Home

~Creative Cats hosted by Poppies at Play

~Frugal Friday hosted by Life As Mom

~Frugalicious Friday hosted by Finding Fabulous

~Transformation Thursday hosted by The Shabby Chic Cottage

~Get Your Craft on Thurs hosted by Life As Lori

~Works For Me Wednesday

Comments

1. Nutmeg Nanny says:

Awww your little tree is adorable :) You are so festive!
    .-= Nutmeg Nanny´s last blog ..Green Velvet Cupcakes =-.

2. I love your tree! So cute.
    thanks for the mention, you are so sweet!
    .-= Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com}´s last blog ..Shamrock Pretzel =-.

3. I’m half Irish and we do a Green Supper, but I don’t really decorate at all. Sad, huh? I’ve always wanted to keep a “Christmas” tree up all year and decorate it appropriately…might have to do just that!
    Thanks for ideas!
    .-= Amy @ Raising Arrows´s last blog ..When You Just Can’t Hack Cloth Diapering =-.

4. denise says:

Love the garland! I am going to make this for work :)
    Following you over from Shabby Chic Cottage!
    I am a follower!
    Please stop by!
    .-= denise´s last blog ..Laundry Rooms =-.

5. lori says:

Your mantel looks great, and I love your tree…

Oh btw thanks for always commenting to me during the party. It’s really nice of you and it means a lot.

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thurs. Please join me again next week for another great party.
    Lori
    .-= lori´s last blog ..Get Your Craft on Thurs. Who’s ready to Party??? I am! =-.

6. SkylarKD says:

Your garland is really cute! Let’s see if I can get myself in gear to decorate before the holiday is here! lol
    .-= SkylarKD´s last blog ..Planning a Frugal Birthday Party for Kids =-.

7. debbie says:

That is adorable!
    .-= debbie´s last blog ..SpaNish style MisSion and our insPiration~ =-.

8. Kat says:

All of your St. Patrick’s Day decor is lovely! Your garland is darling!

Kat :)

9. cassie says:

love the garland!!
    .-= cassie´s last blog ..Frugal Friday =-.

10. Susan says:

What fun decorations! Have a very Happy St Patrick’s Day!

Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo
    .-= Susan´s last blog ..A Vintage Train Case =-.

11. Lovely mantel. I am in love with your barn star.
    .-= Marianne@Songbird´s last blog ..My Very First Pottery Barn Knock-off =-.

12. Thanks for linking all your great ideas up! I love them all!
    .-= Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com}´s last blog ..Shamrock Pretzel =-.

13. Linda (a bushel and a pickle) says:

A great tree! And a super reminder that I actually have one of those. I am most definitely getting it out. Thanks for the inspiration.

14. denise says:

Awesome! Following you from Funky Junks Saturday Nite Special!
    Come by for a visit!
    .-= denise´s last blog ..Yo Tweeps: Twaffic Exchange =-.

15. Andy Porter says:

You always have such cute decor. I bet it’s really fun to live in your home:)
    .-= Andy Porter´s last blog ..Creative Cats !!! =-.

16. TammyM says:

How adorable!

17. Bethany says:

I am doing a fun party for my kids and their friends. I am making a fruit platter shaped like a rainbow. I bought cheese cubes to put at the end of the rainbow to look like a pot of gold. I am also serving rainbow colored goldfish in a clear glass bowl, shamrock cookies, Sprite and apple juice in green juice boxes. We are going to play “Hot Potato” and have a devotional I found on the web titled “What’s at the end of your rainbow?” It’s about heaven and what waits for us there. For party favors, I am filling clear treat bags with chocolate coins and Hershey chocolate nuggets. I found mini green nail polish and Lucky Charms lip balm at Target. We are also making gold body glitter: Mix gold glitter with clear aloe vera gel. When you rub it on, the gel dries clear and leaves the gold glitter stuck to you. I found small green travel jars in the Wal-Mart trial travel section to put this in for them to take home. I’m so excited!!

18. Jessa says:

You have such beautiful ideas!
    Jessa recently posted..Marchs Shopping BagMy Profile

19. Katie Martin says:

I’m not necessarily a huge celebrator of St. Patrick’s Day, but these decorations are super fun.