Seems like we are right smack in the middle of several celebrations – many of you will be serving snacks and treats for Game Day this weekend, Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and let’s not forget the Olympics start soon too. Although we tend to bake for special events, it’s also nice to have an easy recipe to serve for a weeknight dinner or perhaps a dinner party.
These Salted Caramel Carmelitas are a must try! The ingredient list appears to be lengthy but don’t let that stop you, they went together easily and are absolutely delicious!
This recipe is brought to you by Fisher Nuts
Salted Caramel desserts are really popular right now. When I first saw them break into the baking scene, I thought they would be difficult to make. But they are super simple, the only difference is that you add sea or kosher salt to the recipe. In the middle of the bars, is a decadent layer of Salted Caramel that is made on the stove top, along with chocolate chips and Fisher Pecans for extra flavor.
So how about the Big Game? Are you planning a party? Here are a few tips for you…
- Keep it simple…everyone loves appetizers, they are easy to make and eat. Prepare them ahead and you are ready to go.
- Plan ahead…make sure you have plates, napkins, silverware and ice
- Set up an area for food and drinks separate.
- Serve the food on different layers, to make it easier for people to reach what they want.
- Snacks are a must…easy Snack Mix or Popcorn Crunch are perfect
- And lastly, dessert like these Bar Cookies are easy to make and serve and of course, Football Treats are perfect!
Adding Fisher Nuts to treats like these Salted Caramel Carmelitas and the Pecan Caramel Popcorn Crunch is perfect!
After the bottom crust is partially baked, a coating of chocolate chips and sprinkle of Fisher Pecans sends these Salted Caramel Carmelitas over the top!
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 1¾ cups quick cooking oats
- 1¼ cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups (2½ sticks) softened butter, unsalted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup Fisher Pecans, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 3½ tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- In a heavy medium saucepan, combine sugar and water, heat over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat and bring to boil, continue to boil without stirring until syrup is deep amber color - about 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and carefully whisk in heavy cream, mixture will bubble
- Add butter and salt, carefully pour into bowl and let set to cool - about 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and butter until crumbly
- Divide mixture in half and press one portion into baking dish
- Bake for 10 minutes, cool slightly
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and pecans evenly over crust
- Pour cooled caramel sauce over top
- Top with remaining crumb mixture
- Return to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust begins to brown
- Cool and place in fridge so caramel will set
- Before serving, bring Carmelitas to room temperature so they are easier to cut
Original recipe from Cooking Channel
You may also like these recipes using Fisher Nuts…
Visit Fisher Nuts for more recipes, follow them on Facebook and Pinterest for more recipes!