Trifle – a Scottish dessert made from thick pudding, custard, fruit, cake of some variety, and whipped cream, arranged in layers, has also become a very popular dessert here in the States. And in my opinion, one of the easiest and most impressive desserts you can make.
The perfect example is this Raspberry Brownie Trifle – layers of fudgy brownies, chocolate mousse, raspberries and whipped cream!
This dessert is one of those “lick the bowl” type of desserts! Seriously my friends, I wanted to eat every-single-one of these! I “forced” the boys to eat them so I wouldn’t be tempted.
As I’ve mentioned, Trifle Desserts are so easy yet impressive. They can be served in a large clear glass bowl, or small individual servings. These footed containers are plastic and the perfect size for these luscious Raspberry Brownie Trifles.
I started with a brownie box mix, then layered them with Chocolate Mousse – a combination of Cool Whip Whipped Topping and pudding, fresh Raspberries and topped with a little more Cool Whip, chocolate shavings and a raspberry.
They are elegant enough to serve at a dinner party but easy enough for a weeknight treat! And really, you can serve these for pretty much any holiday – Birthday, Valentine’s Day, Easter and more!
Raspberry Brownie Trifle
Elegant enough for a dinner party – easy enough for a weeknight dinner. Recipe from HoosierHomemade.com
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 box Betty Crocker Brownie Mix plus ingredients – egg, oil and water
- 2 teaspoons Raspberry Flavoring
- 1 container of Raspberries
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding plus milk
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- Chocolate Bar, optional
- Mix brownies with eggs, oil, water and Raspberry flavoring
- Bake and cool brownies, cut into small squares about 1/2 inch
- While the brownies are baking, mix the pudding according to directions on the box
- Reserve about 1/2 cup of Cool Whip for top
- After the pudding is set, about 5 minutes, combine with remaining Cool Whip until smooth
- Place pudding mixture and reserved Cool Whip in separate resealable bags or decorator bags fitted with a round tip
- Add a layer of brownies, pudding mixture then raspberries
- Repeat with brownies and pudding mixture
- Top with Cool Whip, chocolate shavings (see notes) and raspberry
Chocolate Shavings – use a potato peeler to make shavings from a chocolate bar. This dessert can be made in a large bowl or individual servings
You may also like these Trifle Desserts…