Celebrating birthdays in our house is always a special time! A special dinner is made, presents are shared and of course birthday dessert! I always let the boys chose the dessert they would like to celebrate with. These Mini Funfetti Birthday Cupcake Cones are always a hit!
Baking the Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix right in the cone is a really easy. And serving them is just plain fun!
Pillsbury is commemorating Funfetti 25th Birthday this year with four all-new frostings in bold, vibrant colors; Bold Purple that comes with brightly colored dot sprinkles, Aqua Blue that comes with shark sprinkles, Hot Pink that comes with pink sugar sprinkles and Vibrant Green that comes with dot sprinkles.
The Mini Funfetti Birthday Cupcake Cones are just as fun to make as they are to eat! Along with the Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix and the new Funfetti frostings, I also used Mini Cones. You can find them right next to all the Ice Cream Cones and toppings.
How to Bake Cupcake Cones
- Mix the cupcake batter according to the directions on the box
- Lightly spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray
- Add about 1 tablespoon of cake batter in each
- Turn cone upside down and place on top of batter, be sure to totally cover the batter
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 6-8 minutes
- You can also fill the cone with batter about 1/2 full and bake upright. I have found the method above to be much easier.
- If your cone does not totally cover the batter, it’s okay, it will just bake up more around the cone and spill over the edge of the cone a bit.
After the Cupcake Cones have cooled, fit a decorator bag with a large round tip, fill with Funfetti Frosting and pipe a swirl on top, finish with sprinkles.
Are you celebrating a birthday soon? Here are a few fun tips for you…
- Keep it simple. If you are serving food, make as many of the dishes ahead that you can. I like serving “Make Your Own” Bars, like Tacos or Hot Dogs with lots of yummy toppings.
- Celebrate for the whole month by hanging a fun Birthday Balloon Wreath on the Door.
- If you have more than 1 child, take turns having a large celebration. Birthday parties can get expensive, so take turns with the kids.
GIVEAWAY GUIDELINES: PLEASE read the Official Guidelines
One lucky Hoosier Homemade winner will receive a Prize Pack from Pillsbury including…
- One box of Pillsbury Funfetti Premium Cake & Cupcake Mix
- Funfetti Frostings (1 each of four new frosting flavors)
- $50 Visa or American Express gift card
Entries only accepted on this page. Facebook, Twitter or email entries do not count. Open to US Residents only.
Giveaway will remain open until Monday, May 13th at 10 p.m. CST. Winner will be chosen at random, notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond.
Please note that if you are enjoying this post via email subscription or in a reader, you will need to visit the blog to enter
Disclosure: Products for review were provided by Pillsbury. I received a sample of the products for the purpose of this review and to facilitate a giveaway. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Pillsbury.