It’s not quite the holidays if there isn’t chocolate and peppermint involved and these Mini Chocolate Peppermint Truffle Cupcakes make the perfect Holiday treat!
I have to admit, there isn’t a chocolate cupcake that I have met that I didn’t love. I simply love chocolate! And when it’s paired with peppermint, well, it just doesn’t get any better than that! I couldn’t let the Christmas season go by without sharing a Christmas cupcake with you!
I’ve confessed my love for International Delight Coffee Creamer, and how I use it in many different baked goods to add delicious flavor. During the Fall there are Pumpkin Pie Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, and the Butter Pecan Cake is a super easy Poke Cake that is to die for, the Sweet Cream Banana Tartlets are the perfect little bite of goodness and we can’t forget about the York Peppermint Pattie Cupcakes, which is actually the same recipe I used for these Mini Chocolate Peppermint Truffle Cupcakes but I used the luscious International Delight Chocolate Peppermint Truffle Creamer instead.
Not only is the International Delight Chocolate Peppermint Truffle Creamer perfect in these cupcakes, but would a delicious addition to your Christmas morning breakfast. I love adding it to my Hot Cocoa too!
Perfect for the Holiday Season - these Mini Chocolate Peppermint Truffle Cupcakes are sure to be a hit!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup International Delight Chocolate Peppermint Truffle Creamer
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and place liners in a muffin tin
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth
- Divide batter into liners
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Cool completely
- In a mixing bowl, cream together cocoa powder and butter
- Gradually add powdered sugar, alternating with milk and vanilla
- Add chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute, stir and continue heating in 10 seconds intervals until chips are almost melted. Stir until completely melted.
- Add melted chips to frosting and stir to combine well
- Add frosting to a decorator piping bag fitted with a #1M tip
- Pipe on frosting and dust with powdered sugar or sprinkle with crushed candy canes
If you like your frosting a little more bittersweet, you can leave out the melted chocolate.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.