Welcome to another great week of Menu Planning! Our schedule has gotten much busier this week, Spring is upon us, Doug has been working lots more and Nick, our 16 year old made the High School baseball team. I don’t think there was a day last week that we ate dinner before 6:30 p.m. and most evenings it was around 7:00.
One of the quick, easy and frugal dinners that we had last week, was Baked Mac & Cheese and Hot Dogs with cheese.
Baked Mac & Cheese from HoosierHomemade.com is an easy side dish or meatless main dish for a budget friendly meal.
20 minCook Time
- 8oz. Elbow Macaroni
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Dash of Pepper
- 2 cups Cheese, shredded (I used Sharp, but any cheese that you like is fine)
- Prepare macaroni according to directions on box.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter, add flour mixed with salt and pepper.
- Whisk until well combined, gradually add milk, whisking continually.
- Bring to boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, reduce heat and cook about 10 minutes, until mixture is thick.
- Gradually add cheese and simmer until cheese sauce is smooth and thick, about 5 minutes.
- Fold in cooked macaroni.
- Place mixture in a 13 x 9 pan, and bake at 400 degrees for about 15 – 20 minutes until golden and bubbly.
I served the Baked Mac & Cheese for Hot Dogs, making it another Budget Friendly Meal 🙂
Here is what we are having this week…
Monday ~ Beefy One Pot Dinner (recipe from Kraft)
Wednesday ~ Cheesy Chicken & Salsa Skillet (Kraft)
Friday ~ Hamburgers, Loaded Waffle Fries
Saturday ~ Pulled Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches (recipe from Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free), Potato Salad
Sunday ~ Stove Top Chicken Bake
Congrats to the winner of the Yoplait YoPlus Gift Pack, Leanne, please email me your contact info and I will send it on to My Blog Spark.
Timestamp from Random Integer Timestamp: 2010-03-22 12:45:36 UTC
You won’t want to miss Cupcake Tuesday this week either! I have a very special Easter cupcake for you and a GIVEAWAY!
This post linked to: