Welcome to another great week of menu planning. Even though I don’t enjoy our cold weather here in Indiana, I do enjoy cooking and baking during the winter months. Today I’m sharing my recipe for Tuna Casserole.
Seems like you either hate or love Tuna Casserole. Our family happens to love it. It also happens to be a very frugal meal. Since I do most of my grocery shopping at Aldi’s, the total cost for this casserole is $3.91 (breakdown below), add some fruit and rolls and your meal is still under $5.00.
Eat dinner for less than $5 with this Tuna Casserole recipe from HoosierHomemade.com.
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Shell Macaroni (I use 1 box, cooked and drained) $1.09
- 1 Can Cream of Celery Soup $.49
- 1/3 cup Milk $.25
- 1/4 cup Mayo $.20
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard $.02
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese (I usually use Colby and Monterey Blend) $.80
- 1 can Tuna, drained and flaked with a fork $.89
- 1 tablespoon Butter, melted $.02
- 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs $.15
- Mix soup, milk, mayo and mustard.
- Stir in cheese and tuna.
- Fold in cooked macaroni.
- Combine crumbs and butter, sprinkle over casserole.
This step is optional depending on if you like your casserole a little crunchy or not. You can see by the picture above, part of the family likes the crumb topping, part doesn’t.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Now for our menu for this week…
Monday ~ Tuna Casserole
Tuesday ~ Chicken Pot Pie (making 2, 1 for the freezer)
Thursday ~ Ham and Potatoes
Friday ~ Quesadillas, Chips and Salsa
Saturday ~ Chicken Wings, Oven Fries
Sunday ~ Roast, Potatoes and Veggies
For more great menu plans, please visit: