The official end to our wonderful Summer, Labor Day, is almost here. Sadly, days at the beach or swimming in the pool will end until next year, but grilling season will last a little longer. Do you have a Labor Day get together planned? Today I’m sharing a mouthwatering recipe for Southwestern Steak served with Bush’s Sweet Mesquite Grillin’ Beans.
The Southwestern seasoning flavors with chili powder, cumin and cilantro gives the steak a rich flavor. And the Sweet Mesquite Beans that are simmered with onions and red peppers in a sweet and smoke sauce go perfectly with the steak.
Over the last several months, I’ve been sharing the different Bush’s Grillin’ Beans with you, they also have Smokehouse Tradition, Southern Pit Barbecue, Bourbon and Brown Sugar, Steakhouse Recipe, Texas Ranchero, Black Bean Fiesta that we served with the Cowboy Burger, and the Sweet Mesquite. Visit Bush’s Beans for helpful grilling tips, new bold recipes, and meal ideas. Follow them on Facebook and Twitter too!
Be sure to enter the awesome giveaway below with grilling tools!
Labor Day Grilling
- Cowboy Burgers with Homemade Onion Rings
- Jamaican Baby Back Ribs with Fruit Salsa
- Grilled Butterflied Chicken
Enter the Grilling Giveaway…
GIVEAWAY CLOSED – Check the Giveaway Winners Page
One lucky Hoosier Homemade reader will win the Grilling Prize Pack provided by Bush’s Beans…
- Cast Iron Skewers, set of 6
- LED Triple Grill Light
- Barbecue Spatula
- Barbecue Fork
- Barbecue Basting Brush
- Bush’s Grillin’ Beans
Entries only accepted on this page. Facebook and Twitter entries do not count.
Giveaway will remain open until August 31, 2012 at 10 p.m. CST. Winner will be chosen at random, notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond.
- What is your favorite recipe with either grilled chicken, steak or pork chops and your favorite flavor of BUSH’S Grillin’ Beans you’d serve with recipe. Please add an one sentence description of recipe or one sentence why you chose it.
OPTIONAL ENTRIES: Please leave a separate comment for each entry
- Sirloin Steak, Chicken or Chops
- 1½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat
- Combine Southwestern Seasoning and rub on steak
- Grill steak for 5-7 minutes each side, depending on how done you like your steak
- Let rest for several minutes, then slice and serve
Disclosure: I am working in partnership with the Bush’s Beans brand and I am receiving compensation for my participation in this campaign. As always, my opinions, photography and recipe are my own.