Valentine’s Day is almost here! Coming in a close second to Christmas, Valentine’s Day is definitely a favorite. Having all boys in the house, it’s my one time that I get to decorate with pink, buy frilly things and serve a romantic meal.
These 3D Paper Hearts are super easy, in fact I might even add that you could make them in 5 minutes or less. They are perfect for your Valentine’s Day Decorating, but would also be great on a present or even hanging in a nursery.
Like I said…they are super easy…let’s get started…
3D Paper Heart Supplies
- Scrapbook paper for hearts
- Beads – any craft store has them, Walmart has a great selection
- Thread or Embroidery Floss – for the beads, not necessary if your twine will fit through the beads
- Twine – to hang the hearts
- Adhesive – I used a tape runner
- Cut out the hearts – you will need 3 hearts for each 3D Heart, any size is fine
- I used heart die cuts, but you could also trace a cookie cutter or buy them already cut out
- Fold the hearts in half, right sides together
- Using the tape runner or other adhesive, attach 2 hearts together
- Tie a knot in one end of a piece of embroidery floss or other thread
- Thread on the beads
- Note: if your twine is small enough to fit through the beads, you don’t need to use a separate thread
- Tape the thread to the inside of the hearts, positioning the beads at the bottom of the heart
- Tie a piece of twine around the thread and tape down
- Again – if your twine will fit through the beads, there is no need to use an additional piece of thread or floss
- Now use the tape runner again to attach the last heart and you are done
So cute!! And easy…I L-O-V-E easy…don’t you?