Welcome to Homemade for the Holidays! During this series, I’ve been sharing gift giving ideas with you.
Pretzel Rods are always fun to make and give as gifts, but how do you package them? Cellophane bags that you tie with a cute bow are always a good idea. Or if you like to recycle, these Pringle Chip cans are perfect.
First let’s talk about the Pretzel Rods…
Fun and festive chocolate-dipped Santa Claus pretzel rods from HoosierHomemade.com.
- Chocolate Almond Bark (in the baking aisle) or other melting chocolate
- Assorted Sprinkles
- Marshmallow Christmas Trees (like Peeps that you buy at Easter, we found them at Walgreens)
- Chocolate Almond Bark or other melting chocolate
- White Almond Bark or other white melting chocolate
- Mini Marshmallows
- Eyes – Mini M&M’s
- Mouth – Large pink heart sprinkle
- Nose – Red candy coated sunflower seed or other small candy
- Face – Pink sugar
- Hat – Red fruit slice
- Melt chocolate in the microwave, usually about 2 minutes. It’s best if it’s not all the way melted, then just stir it until the rest of the chocolate melts. I usually use a tall container making it easier to dip the pretzels.
- Dip the pretzel, tap off excess and add sprinkles. Place on waxed paper and put in fridge until set.
- Melt chocolate, dip the pretzel, tap off the excess and add Christmas Tree to the top, pushing it onto the pretzel rod.
- Melt white chocolate and dip pretzel, immediately sprinkle with pink sugar. Let dry.
- Cut a fruit slice in half and place one half on top for Santa’s hat. You can either dip the end in chocolate or just carefully push the fruit slice onto the pretzel rod.
- Add a mini marshmallow on the tip of the hat, then cut marshmallows in half and place around the bottom of the hat.
- Using the melted white chocolate, attach the eyes and nose.
- Then add some cut marshmallows for the mustache.
- Add a heart sprinkle for the mouth, then add more cut marshmallows for the beard.
Now for the container…
Simple wrap a Pringles Chip container with scrapbook paper, add some twine or ribbon and a gift tag. Place Pretzel Rods in the container, and seal with the lid.
Homemade for the Holidays Series…
Homemade Christmas Ornaments ~ Santa Pretzel Rods
What is your favorite homemade gift to make or receive? Share with us in the Seasonal Celebrations Community!
I’m linking to…