The Holidays are upon us. Only a few weeks until Thanksgiving and about 7 weeks until Christmas. What are you planning to cook and bake?
Do you need some inspiration for a new dish? Well, you have come to the right place. For the next 6 weeks, every Thursday, 5 other fellow bloggers and myself are hosting the first ever, Holiday Food Fest. Thanks to Amy, from Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free for coordinating the festival!
Today, I’m sharing a Thanksgiving Fall Dessert with you, that is quick, easy and can be made ahead and frozen.
Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Pie
While talking to my good friend and Pampered Chef, Director, Lorrie, about a prize for the giveaway, she suggested the Pie & Tart Cookbook.
When she let me borrow a copy of the cookbook, I found this recipe and new it was a perfect fit to share with you.
Ingredients for Crust
- 1 1/2 c. finely crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 c. Brown Sugar
- 6 T. Butter or Margarine, melted
Ingredients for Mousse
- 1 can (15 oz) solid pack pumpkin
- 2 T. Pantry Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend (I used Pumpkin Pie Spice)
- 1 jar (7 1/2 oz) Marshmallow Creme
- 1/4 c. Brown Sugar
- 1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional whipped topping for garnish
- Candy, chocolate leaves, cookies or other goodie for decoration
Directions for crust
In food processor, crush graham crackers until fine.
Add brown sugar and melted butter, combine and press into pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 – 12 min. Let cool.
Directions for Mousse
In bowl, combine pumpkin, spice, marshmallow creme and brown sugar, whisk until smooth.
Fold in whipped topping and spoon into crust.
Freeze at least 4 hours or until firm. Decorate with additional whipped topping. Serve immediately.
Now, it wouldn’t be the Holidays without gifts and it wouldn’t be a Festival without a giveaway. So, I not only have the great Pampered Chef Pie and Tart cookbook for you, but I also have this awesome candle.
This candle, provided by Cinnamon Creek Country Candles Etsy Shop, looks good enough to eat She describes it as a “Large Grubby Bakery Candle scented in RED VELVET CAKE… rich velvety Devils Food cake and sweet creamy vanilla icing with light sprinkles of sugar a little bit of whipped cream and a maraschino cherry complete this fresh baked look.”
Be sure to visit the Country Candles Etsy Shop and check out all the great scents she has to offer.
Rules for the Giveaway:
- Leave a comment
- Link up your favorite Fall/Thanksgiving Dessert
- Visit Cinnamon Creek Country Candle Etsy Shop and leave a comment telling me which candle is your favorite
- The Giveaways will be open until next Wed. at 8 p.m., the winner will be announced on next weeks Holiday Food Fest
- One winner will receive the cookbook and one will receive the candle. Good Luck
Now it’s your turn, share your yummy creations with us, be sure to link back to this post and visit some or all of the other participants.