Fall is here! The aroma of Pumpkin, Cinnamon and even Gingerbread is in the air. Did you know that OREO has added a new flavor to their already delicious line of cookies? Yep…Gingerbread!
At first I wasn’t really sure, because honestly, I’m not a huge Gingerbread fan, but I really liked these cookies. And even our oldest son, who absolutely loves OREO cookies and is very “old school” with his taste, loved them.
While they are delicious straight from the package, I just had to whip up a fun treat to share with you…Gingerbread Pumpkin Bites
These cute little bites, shaped like Pumpkins, were easy, they did take some time though. I found the recipe on Kraft Foods and after reading some of the reviews, I did change the instructions a bit to make them easier, I’ve included my tips at the bottom. Let’s get started…
First you need to add the Gingerbread OREO cookies to the Food Processor. I used 15 cookies and got 16 pumpkins.
Crush the cookies until they are fine.
Mix the crushed OREO cookies with cream cheese and form into balls. Pop them in the freezer for about 10 minutes, it makes them easier to handle.
Melt orange candy melts in the microwave, dip the pumpkins then coat with orange sugar. Immediately add the pretzel for the stem.
Tips for you…
- Use orange candy melt instead of white, then if the colored sugar doesn’t cover the chocolate completely, it’s less noticeable
- Freeze the pumpkins for about 10 minutes before trying to dip them, they are much easier to handle
- When you are dipping, use the fork method…learn how by watching this VIDEO
- Immediately dip the pumpkin in the colored sugar and use your fingers to mold it a bit
- Then gently push the pretzel in for the stem – be careful here, the chocolate cracks easily
- I tried to use melted frosting to prevent the chocolate from cracking when you add the stem, but it didn’t work, so stick to the melted chocolate
Looking for Gingerbread OREO cookies? You can find them at Walmart! And for more recipes using OREO cookies, visit Kraft Foods.