Do you ever eat Jello with your fingers? I think it is a regional trait- some of my friends have never heard of such a thing, but here in the midwest, we do it all the time! Whether you are a pro or a newbie, you can add a little jiggle to your 4th of July with a fun and colorful Finger Jello Recipe!
Fun desserts are one of my favorite parts of the 4th- they taste good and are decorative! Our Sparkler Cupcakes for 4th of July taste amazing and also work as a centerpiece! This Finger Jello Recipe is just as fun and even easier. Little ones loves to help make and eat finger jello! No plates needed- just grab a square and enjoy the day.
Jello is so versatile- I love that I can add a little extra fun by tossing in some blueberries and strawberries before the Jello hardens. I sneak in a little fruit, and a little more red and blue! It becomes a finger Jello fruit salad! My other go to for finger jello is adding a little alcohol for the adults, and make it into a 4th of July Jello Shot– just make sure to clearly mark which is which!
The other great thing about the Finger Jello Recipe is that it can be used all year and even for other holidays. By changing the Jello colors (or even shapes- there are some awesome Jello molds out there!) you have a quick, festive, and fun dessert! It is definitely one of my go to desserts when I am low on time. To make 36 squares, I used three small boxes of Jello and unflavored gelatin, all available at Walmart.
I have found a little trick to using the gelatin and making it not clump, stir together the jello and gelatin before adding the hot water – it works like a charm,
If you have multiple parties going on, be sure to make extra Jello- then you can turn it into 4th of July Treat Jello Parfaits. Nothing is better than two for one!
Like I said, I love the 4th- be sure to try our other fun and festive 4th of July recipes! Hope yours is great!
Love Jello? You will definitely love these desserts!
What? You have never eaten jello with your fingers? Well you are in for some F-U-N! This easy to make Finger Jello Recipe is one that I have made for years, and is loved by kids AND adults!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 3 small boxes Jell-O - your favorite flavor
- 4 envelopes (1 box) (1 oz) unflavored gelatin
- 4 1/2 cups boiling water
- Set out a 8 x 8 square pan
- Heat water in microwave or on the stove until boiling
- In a large bowl, combine the jello and unflavored gelatin - this is important to do, because it prevents the unflavored gelatin from clumping when the boiling water is added
- Carefully pour boiling water and stir 2-3 minutes to dissolve
- Pour into square pan
- Place in refrigerator at least 4 hours or until set
- Repeat with other flavors if desired
- Cut into squares and serve
- Store leftovers in fridge