October is coming! And with it cute costumes, scary monsters, and brave super heroes! Make these Easy Monster Eye Cupcakes for Halloween parties, after school snacks or just a fun festive dessert!
There is nothing better than a dessert that is festive, adorable, and easy! These monster eye cupcakes need only neon food coloring and candy monster eyes to look so good! And I love that that are cute little monsters, not scary ones.
I used Pillsbury Purely Simple chocolate cake mix for the cupcakes- so good and so easy. The best thing about this cupcake mix is it makes 24 full size cupcakes or 48 mini ones. I used mini cupcakes, so we had plenty to go around! I had noticed that it was hard to even get 20 cupcakes out of other boxed mixes, so getting 24 is perfect!
Then I colored Pillsbury vanilla icing with neon food coloring and piped it on with a star tip. (Here are my favorite bags and tips!) Once the icing was piped on, I added the monster eyes (mini size and the red vein eyeballs)! Or let your kids go crazy creating their own little monster cupcakes! They turned out so cute- perfect for a Halloween party, to send to school, or to bring to work!
Are you a Halloween fan? Do you want more Halloween cupcake ideas? Well we have just the Pinterest board for you!
We have put together a very special Pinterest Board filled with Halloween Cupcakes! They are all quick, easy and start with a cake mix!
These quick and easy Halloween Cupcakes are perfect for parties, classroom treats, after-school snack and a simple weeknight dessert.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 box (17 oz) Pillsbury Cake Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 container (16 oz) Pillsbury Creamy Vanilla Frosting
- Coloring - I used neon shades of lime, purple and orange
- Candy Eyes - I used mini and large
- Decorator Bags fitted with star tip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and fill cupcake pan with liners
- Combine cake mix, butter, milk and eggs until smooth
- Divide into cupcake liners
- Bake for 10 minutes for mini cupcakes and 15 minutes for standard size cupcakes
- Cool completely
- Divide frosting into bowls and combine with color until completely mixed
- Fill decorator bags with frosting
- Pipe on frosting and add candy eyes
- Store left overs in refrigerator
For more delicious recipes follow along at Pillsbury Baking website, Pinterest, InstgramandFacebook.