I’ve told you about my current Ambassadorship on The Family Dish. As part of my responsibilities, I was given Ragu Spaghetti Sauce to cook with and share recipes. In the past, I have most often, made my Spaghetti Sauce from scratch, but I will have to say, this was really a nice change to be able to put together dinner quickly, by grabbing a jar of Ragu from the pantry!
I have a fun cookbook giveaway for you, so stick around a few minutes.
Easy Baked Ziti recipe from HoosierHomemade.com
30 minCook Time
- 1-16 oz box Penne Pasta (cooked according to directions on box) I buy mine at Aldi’s, I pay $.89
- 1 lb. ground beef, optional (cooked and drained) I’ve made it with and without meat, it’s good either way. If I use ground beef, I usually add a small onion and 1-2 cloves of garlic to the meat while it’s cooking
- 1 jar Ragu Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella or Italian Cheese Blend, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13×9 pan with cooking spray.
- Cook and drain the pasta.
- Cook and drain ground beef, optional.
- If you are adding meat, after the ground beef is drained, add it back to the pan and add the Ragu Spaghetti Sauce.
- Add about 1/2 of the pasta to the 13×9 pan, add about 1/2 the sauce and 1 cup of cheese.
- Repeat the layers.
- You can also sprinkle the top with a little Parmesan Cheese if you want.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce if bubbly.
Our Menu Plan:
Monday ~ Autumn Chicken($5 Dinners recipe) Rice and Veggie
Tuesday ~ Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes and Corn
Wednesday ~ Chipotle-Lime Chicken Skewers (The Family Dish recipe) and Rice
Thursday ~ Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad, Garlic Biscuits
Friday ~ Concession Stand Dinner – Chili Cheese Dogs, Nachos, Pretzels, Popcorn and more
Sunday ~ Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Veggie
Now for the Giveaway!! 5 Lucky readers will win!! Enter to win a Fun Family Cookbook from The Family Dish and Unilever with great recipes like…
No Frying Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches, Pizza-Style Rice Skillet or even an Oreo Milk Shake…yum!
Giveaway Guidelines: Please leave a seperate comment for each entry!
Giveaway ends Friday, October 15th.at 10 p.m. CST.
- Visit The Family Dish, and come back HERE and tell me which recipe you would like to try with your family.
- Subscribe to Cupcake Chronicles, my Weekly Newsletter with exclusive cupcakes and how-tos (in the sidebar)
- Tweet for a chance to win…Enter to win #thefamilydish Cookbook at @HoosierHomemade http://bit.ly/ck0GG9 #spon
- Join us on It’s A Blog Party, where we host a different linky party everyday! Add your link to ONE and MORE of the parties
Don’t forget to enter to WIN your very own copy of Bakerella’s Cake Pops Book…open until Friday, October 15th.
Disclosure: This post was created in connection with my appointment as an Ambassador in Unilever’s Family Dish Program. For more great ideas, visit The Family Dish.
I’m linking to the Blog Parties in my footer, please visit them! You might just find one or two that are new to you!