Welcome to Menu Plan Monday! This week I have something a little different, and I’m pretty excited about it! You all know how I love to plan my meals, and even plan for the whole month. Well, I was recently contacted by E-Mealz to review their meal plans and tell you all what I think.
What do I think? Brillant…simply brillant! Here are some details…
- 4 categories of Meal Plans…Regular Family Meals for 2, Regular Family Meals for 4-6, Speciality Family Meals for 2 and Speciality Family Meals for 4-6
- Within each category there are several stores to choose from
- The Speciality Family Meals have meal plans that gluten free, vegetarian, etc
- The dinner menu is concisely organized in a one-page chart (no long recipes or printing several pages – just one sheet to keep up with in your kitchen!)
- No wordy instructions – just to the point and easy to follow at-a-glance (for the harried Mom!)
- All the side dishes are included in the menu and grocery list
- Grocery list is concisely organized by grocery sections in a one-page chart
- Includes an extra column for you to add “Other Groceries I Need”
- The TOTAL COST of your grocery list is given at the bottom (except for the Any Store plans). We work to keep the grocery total at a $75 average.
- Necessary staples are listed and organized by meal
Because I shop mostly at Walmart, I chose the Walmart Meal Plan to review. The Meal Plan comes with 7 meals, recipes, a grocery list and prices.
Meal #1 – Country Fried Steak and Gravy, Rice and Steamed Broccoli
Meal #2 – EZ Cajun Chicken, Wild Rice, Tomato and Watermelon Salad
Meal #3 – EZ Pasta and Sauce, Salad and Garlic Breadsticks
Meal #4 – One Pot Pork Chop Supper and Hot Bread
Meal #5 – Cheesy Tuna Cakes, Basil Potatoes and Green Beans
Meal #6 – Soft Tilapia Tacos, Tortilla Chips, Watermelon
Meal #7 – Layered Salad Supper, Corn on the Cob, Garlic Bread
Now, you are all probably thinking that you could never afford something like this. You aren’t going to believe this…only $5 per month!! That’s right, for $1.25 per meal plan…all the work is done for you PLUS the grocery list AND recipes all in one easy PDF to print and go. The Meal Planning part is not the time sucker for me, because I already have lots of meals planned, however…making the grocery list and making sure I have everything I need for the week… is HUGE!
But…will we like the meals? I will have to admit, after 20+ years of marriage, I’m pretty stuck in my style of cooking. And I’m not really sure my family would be happy if I cooked 7 new meals in one week, but here’s the deal my friends…pick and choose! Simple as that! Buy a monthly membership, each week when the meal plans are posted, make their meals and add in a couple of your families favorites.
So what to you think? Would you like to win a subscription to E-Mealz? You are in luck…because I have one for a lucky Hoosier Homemade reader!
GIVEAWAY GUIDELINES: One winner will receive a 3 month subscription to E-Mealz
This giveaway will remain open until Monday,May 23rd 2011 at 10 p.m. CST. Winner will be chosen at random, notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond.
Entries only accepted on this page. Facebook and Twitter entries do not count.
- Visit E-Mealz, come back HERE and tell us which meal plan you would like to try
BONUS ENTRIES: Please leave a seperate comment for each entry
- Follow E-Mealz on Twitter and/or Facebook
- Subscribe to Cupcake Chronicles or Hoosier Homemade
- Follow Hoosier Homemade on Facebook and/or Twitter
- Subscribe to It’s A Blog Party and/or the new blog coming soon…Pocket Change Gourmet
- Follow It’s A Blog Party on Facebook and/or Twitter
Congrats to the Bobby Flay Burgers, Fries & Shakes Cookbook Winner… Melissamo1 says Wow! I want to try the LONDON BROIL & CHEDDAR 0N CROISSANT! Yum!
Disclosure: I was given a one month subscription to E-Mealz to review. All the opinions are my own.
I’m linking to…Menu Plan Monday