Well hello there, welcome to Cupcake Tuesday! I’m so excited to have you here! Looking for a cupcake recipe? Our Cupcake Heaven page has over 200 cupcake recipes and decorating ideas!
October is one of my favorite months. Not only is the weather turning cooler, which means lots of baking and comfort food, it also means Halloween. Whether you like the scary part of Halloween or the cute, kid friendly part (like me), next to Christmas it’s my favorite holiday.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t like being scared and I especially don’t like my food to look creepy or gross. So I almost always create Halloween food and treats that are fun and kid friendly. Oh and they also need to be quick and easy.
I’m honored to be a part of the 2013 Kraft Tastemaker Community, I am teaming up with Kraft Foods to share with you recipes using everyday ingredients that are sure to please your family!
These Halloween Cupcakes are one of those quick, easy and definitely kid friendly Halloween Recipes. The cupcakes start with a cake mix and the addition of Kraft Pudding and sour cream, it gives them extra moistness.
Then they are topped with Chocolate COOL WHIP Whipped Frosting, a sprinkle of Halloween Nonpareils and everyone’s favorite JET-PUFFED Marshmallows shaped like little ghosts on top.
So fun! The kids will have a blast helping you decorate them too!Print
Double Chocolate Cupcakes
Easy Halloween treat, great for the kids to decorate. Recipe from HoosierHomemade.com
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 48 mini cupcakes or 18 standard
- 1 box (15.25 oz) chocolate cake mix – Devil’s Food or Chocolate
- 1 box (3.9 oz) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup oil, vegetable or canola
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tubs (8 oz each) COOL WHIP Whipped Frosting, chocolate or vanilla, thawed
- Multi-colored Nonpareils
- Ghost Shaped JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350?F and place cupcake liners in a muffin tin.
- Combine in a large bowl all cupcake ingredients until smooth
- Divide batter into liners using a cookie dough scoop, add about 2 tablespoons.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes for mini cupcakes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely
- To decorate – Add COOL WHIP Whipped Frosting to a decorator bag or resealable bag using a #1M Star Decorator Tip, swirl on frosting. Sprinkle with nonpareils and top with a ghost marshmallow
For more recipes visit KraftRecipes.com