Real Time Analytics

Cocktail Cupcakes ~ Cupcake Tuesday

Welcome to Cupcake Tuesday!   If you are new here, grab a cup of tea or a glass of milk and enjoy a cupcake!

Before we get started with these SUPER fun Cocktail Cupcakes, I wanted to be sure you all knew about the Cupcake Challenge that starts next week. I’ve listed the details for you over on the Cupcake Tuesday page. I hope you can join in the fun!!

Also, in case you missed it, on Saturday, I started a new feature, Hoosier Homemade’s Weekly Review, among other things, I’m highlighting some of my favorite cupcakes from Cupcake Tuesday (I did a fun collage too). Be sure to include a link back to Hoosier Homemade either in your post or on your blog, or I can’t feature you.

Before you watch the video, I need to tell you that I’ve been at the Water Park all day with the boys. My face is a little “sun kissed” to say the least, and I was trying to get this video put together for you before I lost daylight. So, please bear with me, but I think you will LOVE them!

So…what do you think? Are they not the cutest ever???

Cocktail Cupcakes supplies…

• White cake mix plus needed ingredients (you can learn how I make my cake mix taste like I made it from scratch, in my video)
  • Coloring…my favorite is Wilton
  • Candy…various candy, Jelly Belly’s, Skittles, Gummi Lifesavers, etc, I apologize, in the video I called them Cocktail Combo, they are actually…Cocktail Classic Jelly Belly, and they come with Pina Colada, Strawberry Daiquiri, Mojito, Peach Bellini, and Pomegranate Cosmo. YUM!
  • Frosting…canned works best for melting
  • Glasses for baking…I bought mine at the Dollar Tree

Update: I’ve had several people ask, I’m sorry, I thought it was in the video, but I might not have said it…you need to fill the glasses about 1/2 full with batter. The martini glasses will fit a standard size cupcake.

Rootbeer Floats and Cokes supplies…

I mentioned in the video that I would let you know about the What’s New, Cupcake? Newsletter…if you head on over to their website, you can sign up to receive their free newsletter.

You may also like -

Puppy Love Pops

And my new eBook…Cupcakes! 12 Months of Happiness

Comments

1. Megan says:

you can bake in glasses like that? who knew!?!? SO super cute!
    Megan recently posted..Indoor SmoresMy Profile

2. Candy says:

these are adorable!!

3. sarah burke says:

just signed up for the newsletter, love it! thanks for another great vlog! so summer-y! :) cute idea with the coke and rootbeer float too!

4. What fun decorating ideas!

5. Beth says:

Oh my goodness, how cute! You are so talented! Love them.
    Beth recently posted..Canoe Themed BirthdayMy Profile

6. Susie's Homemade says:

Yeah! I get to play today:-)

7. THOSE ARE SO CUTE!!! you amaze me with your great ideas

8. Love your cocktail cupcakes! Fun idea!!
    Inspired2cook recently posted..Sweet Peach Muffins with Brown Sugar-Walnut Streusel ToppingMy Profile

9. Katie says:

I think these are my favorites yet!
    Katie recently posted..A Fairy Wonderland Birthday- Part 1- the DecorationsMy Profile

10. Carolyn says:

These are great! I am going to have to check out the dollar store for some cute cups. I am also super excited about the Cupcake Challenge! The only bad part is my hubby will have to make them for the first round since I will be recovering from surgery. I will have to keep a very close eye on him!!!!
    Carolyn recently posted..Tricky Tuesday- Reader FavoritesMy Profile

11. Jami says:

Hi Liz! Thanks for hosting. I love all these great ideas! The cocktails are awesome! :)
    Jami recently posted..Pink Lemonade CupcakesMy Profile

12. Your creativity with cupcakes just never ceases to amaze me! These are absolutely darling!
    Tammy @ Not Just Paper and Glue recently posted..Watch for the “Big Reveal”My Profile

13. I think these are very cute. What a clever and creative idea to bake cupcakes in cocktail glasses.

14. Oh my gosh. These are so stinkin’ cute!!!

Erin @ Making Memories recently posted..Watermelon Beetle AKA Fruit Salad the Fun WayMy Profile

15. Firefly says:

That looks so pretty and yummy!

Sorry I’m so late, and I had to link up an old recipe from 4th of July, I didn’t make cupcakes or muffins in weeks :)
    Firefly recently posted..Broccoli Macaroni And CheeseMy Profile

16. even-star says:

Wow great post and great blog! I look forward to reading tons more. I didn’t realize you could bake in glass like that. How full did you fill the glasses before baking? Like about half way or so? Visiting from creative share wednesdays. Hope you can stop by too.
    even-star recently posted..Focaccia Chips- Quick Recipe for an Easy Cocktail SnackMy Profile

17. Holly L says:

Oh my gosh! Too fabulous!
    Holly L recently posted..DIY Day! A Gift for my KitchenMy Profile

18. Becky says:

Found froggy!! :)
    Becky recently posted..Mary- Mary- Quite ContraryMy Profile

19. Christi says:

I found the froggy!
    Christi recently posted..DesititMy Profile

20. Holly says:

Everything looks yummy!!!
    Holly recently posted..Squidgy- AgainMy Profile

21. Sharon says:

I found froggy on the link “Froggy”

22. Serene says:

These are criminally cute! (And Froggy!)
    Serene recently posted..12 Intimidating Foods I Want to Learn to MakeMy Profile

23. Amber Smith says:

I found Froggy here at the bottom of the post (19.Froggy)

ps. If I win can you also mail some of your cupcakes? haha, don’t worry I won’t tell the postman :)

24. Tracy says:

Aha! I found Froggy up there in Linky Love #19-sneaky thang.

25. Kimarie says:

hahaha! Froggy thinks he a cupcake! nice way to tuck him in there
    Kimarie recently posted..Wordless – Nate and Camera- etcMy Profile

26. Brooke says:

i spy froggy up above

27. Renata says:

I found froggy in Mr Linky – also those cupcakes look fantastic

28. Kansas says:

I see froggy!

29. Lesli C says:

I found the froggy today! Yay!!

30. Anna Cahoon says:

Froggy is so cute! Found him ;)

31. Brandi says:

I found froggy #2!
    Brandi recently posted..Wordless Wednesday Redneck TrampolineMy Profile

32. Mindi says:

I found froggy #2!

33. Denise says:

hope i’m not too late in finding froggy. great ideas too.

34. Lamb says:

Muffins are close enough to cupcakes…right?
    You have some tasty looking photos here :)

35. Lori says:

You are so incredibly creative and your video is awesome. I love the candies that you decorate with. Jelly Bellies and gummies are always around our home. Thanks for the great ideas.
    Lori recently posted..VCS Color GuardMy Profile

36. Super cute! Found your post via Dollar Tree’s facebook page!
    Heather – Dollar Store Crafts recently posted..Child’s Tiered Top from T-ShirtsMy Profile

37. Holly says:

OK really!? You are so creative & have made THE CUTEST cupcakes ever on here!

38. Jackie says:

Can you use any glass?

39. Amber says:

Can you bake in any glasses? How can you tell if the glasses can go into the oven? I love these cupcakes. Thanks for the cute idea. Please let me know how to find out about the glasses. I would love to make these for my daughter’s birthday party.

40. CocoNat says:

These cupcakes are simply amazing! I’d love to make some for my book club. I must’ve missed it in the video but how long do you bake these for? And do you just place the glasses (1/2 full!) on a baking tray in the oven?

Thanks so much :)

41. Melissa says:

I POSTED A PHOTO ON THE HOOSIER HOMEMADE FB PAGE!

Thanks for the idea of using the little coke glasses. I didn’t bake in them. Instead I used them to display my CHERRY FLUFF SALAD. It won 1st place in the adult salad/side dish category at the Texas Rice Festival rice cooking contest that was held yesterday. It also won the BEST PRESENTATION trophy and the RESERVE GRAND CHAMPION silver platter. Thanks again!

42. Crystal says:

This is such a great idea!! I have a roommate that is turning 21, but she can’t drink alcohol because of a heart condition and this is a great way to celebrate her turning 21 with no alcohol! Plus, SHE LOVES CUPCAKES! Actually owns those books!

43. Rosalia DiBenedetto says:

Just watched your video on the cupcake martinis. What an adorbale idea. Going to make these this weekend for my Memorial Day picnic. Can you please tell me what temperature to set the oven on and how long you baked the cupcakes. Thank you. Again, this are so adorable. What a great idea!!!

• CupcakeLady says:

Hi Rosalia,
      The oven is set on 350, the same temp you normally bake cupcakes. And the time of baking will depend on the glass, the martini glasses take about 10-15 minutes, just watch them closely.
      Happy Baking!

44. Sher says:
  45. Annabelle says:

I went to a previous post where you were going to show how you made a cake mix even better….however, you took the video off/closed it.
    So, my question is….what did you do to the cake mix to make it taste homemade?
    Absolutely love your creative touch you’ve done with cupcakes. Keep it up….
    I’m a Hoosier also.

Trackbacks

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Tracie Fobes and Michael Dillow, Liz Latham. Liz Latham said: New Blog Post Cocktail Cupcakes ~ Cupcake Tuesday http://bit.ly/awxlNL [...]

2. [...] from: How to decorate Cocktail Cupcakes | Hoosier Homemade Posted by admin on July 27th, 2010 Tags: cupcakes, cocktail, cupcakes, [...]

3. [...] This post is linked to Cupcake Tuesday at Hoosier Homemade. [...]

4. [...] I'm linked to: Foodie Friday New Friend Friday Finer Things Friday Friday Favorites Favorite Things Friday Cupcake Tuesday [...]

5. [...] more awesomely delicious cupcakes, check out the Cupcake Tuesdays link [...]

6. [...] Linked to Favorite Things Friday, Hodgepodge Friday, Foodie Friday, and Cupcake Tuesday. [...]

7. [...] more awesomely delicious cupcakes, check out the Cupcake Tuesdays link [...]

8. [...] the Cocktail Cupcakes I shared last Summer were such a hit, I couldn’t let such a fun holiday like Cinco de Mayo go by [...]

9. [...] Tuesday!! I’m linking these up over at Hoosier Homemade’s Cupcake Tuesday. Head over and check out the goodies and link up some of your own! Thanks for reading!! I put lots [...]

10. [...] Colorful Cocktail Cupcakes!  Clink the link to the left for a great how to video.  Same idea as above, but decorate [...]

11. [...] saw my blog post here you saw the pictures and reference to the cupcake cocktails I got from the queen of all things cupcake…….that were so cute.    (If you haven’t already checked out her blog [...]

12. [...] a cupcake will do nicely…oh, I can’t decide!”  With these darling Cocktail Cupcakes from Hoosier Homemade, you won’t need to decide!  With a simple white cake mix, food [...]

13. [...] tears for Hoosier Homemade, sister friends. via Hoosier [...]